Please reply by conversation.
no. All that is is a regular multiswitch to run 4 receivers off one single dish

you need something like these

Most of these will work.

Iceberg said:
no. All that is is a regular multiswitch to run 4 receivers off one single dish

you need something like these

Most of these will work.

Can you just confirm that this will work.

Will this work for a Splitter

If I only want to run 1 coax line into the house, can I use this splitter inside the house to distribute the signal from the 4x4 multiswitch to 2 receivers?

No. Each receiver has to have it's own line from multiswitch. Using a splitter like that will not allow the receivers to choose the right polarity for the channel they're being set for. A splitter is commonly used to combine or separate and OTA feed with the sat feed, which btw, you can't do with the new MPEG4 setup. The other use is as described in the site you linked.

What they are talking about in their auction is taking each line from the sat dish (there are four in the triple) and splitting it so that one line feeds a receiver and the other feeds into another switch. Thus turning a four output scenario into an 8 output, or whatever the switch is capable of. So there would be 4 of those splitters and then the switch.

Last edited:
sheridan said:
What they are talking about in their auction is taking each line from the sat dish (there are four in the triple) and splitting it so that one line feeds a receiver and the other feeds into another switch. Thus turning a four output scenario into an 8 output, or whatever the switch is capable of. So there would be 4 of those splitters and then the switch.
Not quite, Sheridan. If you did that, the multiswitch would override the receiver and lock the output to either 13v or 18v, depending on which input of the multiswitch it is connected to. The proper way to do a setup like that would be to use the splitters to feed the same input on two different multiswitches, in essence paralleling the multiswitches to double (at least) the outputs from the dish.

Okay, I made an erroneous assumption based on the limited information in that link. I should have checked further. Thanks for the correction.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts