DTV & ABC local affiliate

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

mobi

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jul 1, 2009
usvi
Hi, i'm in the usvi and have directv out of puerto rico.The local abc won't allow D to carry abc feeds in the usvi.The thing is there signal cannot be received everywhere ota . D is saying nothing they can
do because of some fcc rule, don't seem right to me.

Hi, i'm in the usvi and have directv out of puerto rico.The local abc won't allow D to carry abc feeds in the usvi.The thing is there signal cannot be received everywhere ota . D is saying nothing they can
do because of some fcc rule, don't seem right to me.

Well it is the truth if they offer any locals at all the current FCC rules and regs say we can not request DNS waiver for the channel.

But again I dont know if there is something special down there as DTV PR is it own company with it own policies that are not all the same as DTV US.

is WPRU ABC on DirecTV 172 there? What is the reason given that says its DirecTV that not allowing it specifically for a small group of users when it's available everywhere else? Do you have your own ABC DMA there?

Welcome to ABC Puerto Rico

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    114.9 KB · Views: 167
Last edited:
D said they don't have the rights to broadcast abc in the usvi.
I think D can't get the waiver.WSVI ABC broadcast from st.croix,
i'm in st.thomas about 44 miles away with very hilly terrain.
OTA don't reach everyone over here because of the hills,my question
is since there ota signal cannot be seen all over st.thomas,waiver
should be in place.

I dont think that is how it works AND I can tell you DirecTV has no control over this situation; they simply apply or enforce what they are given.

And our WPRU ABC is a Low Power station coming out of Aguadilla PR West side I get it to OTA in the Metro Area in HD looks great but the SD version in Dish is crappy

Sorry for digging up this old thread, just found out we have ABC now but they took CBS away.
D says cbs wont allow them to broadcast here anymore but somehow dish can:mad:

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)