DTV Bangor, Maine locals

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
Having my locals installed in the morning. They said I need a new dish and receiver to get locals, seems strange. My set up is less than 2 years old. Old town

They said I need a new dish and receiver to get locals, seems strange. My set up is less than 2 years old.

Most of the new SD locals recently launched require MPEG4 (ie: the newer HD) receivers & the 5 LNB dish; evidently, you have legacy SD equipment, which is understandable if you didn't order HD equipment back then.

I have or had waivers for the national Fox and ABC in HD. Will I lose those now? I would hate to have to back to SD. I am disappointed that the DTV is only offering the locals in SD not in HD. Howcome?

Last edited:
Most of the new SD locals recently launched require MPEG4 (ie: the newer HD) receivers & the 5 LNB dish; evidently, you have legacy SD equipment, which is understandable if you didn't order HD equipment back then.

Now I understand, no HD here. TV is 19 years old +.

I have or had waivers for the national Fox and ABC in HD. Will I lose those now? I would hate to have to back to SD. I am disappointed that the DTV is only offering the locals in SD not in HD. Howcome?

I believe you would.....do all the bangor stations broadcast in HD? I only can think of the CBS and Fox that do
You stated that the local CBS has not been turned on "yet." So should I assume that you are aware that CBS is coming?

i would assume so, but WABI Channel 5 is notorious for having disputes with providers (a few years ago they got pulled for a day over a dispute with Time Warner)

any word on if the low power WBGR is going to be carried? It's not on DISH

I would imagine that the locals have been available on DTV for some time. However, it appears that DirecTV is now carrying them.

Had locals installed yesterday. Slimline dish, new H21-100 receiver, complete new system just for locals.

I live 120 miles from Bangor with no locals. Only get a few stations OTA. CBS, PBS and 3 Canadian stations. Is it possible to give DirecTV a billing address from Bangor in order to receive Bangor locals? Right now I get the distant networks feed from DirecTV but would love to have Bangor locals.

I live 120 miles from Bangor with no locals. Only get a few stations OTA. CBS, PBS and 3 Canadian stations. Is it possible to give DirecTV a billing address from Bangor in order to receive Bangor locals? Right now I get the distant networks feed from DirecTV but would love to have Bangor locals.

where are you? the Bangor market is pretty big....it includes Downeast, Central Maine (except Waterville-Augusta south) and everything in between (except Aroostook County, which is the Presque Isle marker)

where are you? the Bangor market is pretty big....it includes Downeast, Central Maine (except Waterville-Augusta south) and everything in between (except Aroostook County, which is the Presque Isle marker)

Houlton. I get Presque Isle CBS over the air, although their digital signal is spotty.

My mother lost all of her previous waivers after the switch (CBS, FOX and NBC). She has had to reapply for the Fox waiver so she can hopefully get Fox in HD (the only HD signals we can't get OTA are Fox and ABC).

Who else took the Carmival Cruise with John Heald as the cruise director? His jokes about the guy from Bangor, Maine, during the whole 12 night cruise, still have me laughing.

Sandra

CBS in Bangor, Me is up and working. The CW from Bangor, Should be up and working by the end of the Month! They are testing it right now and working out Negotions also.

Lets hope they are not lying.

I wish Directv would broadcast WLBZ2's Weather Plus channel, but directv has not interest in broadcasting it yet.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)