dtv dish install help please!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

stbear007

Original poster
Jul 15, 2010
Michigan Boundry
Hey there. I am looking to point a dish at Direct Tv's international channels (filippino) and wondering what sat I should be pointing at...Galaxy3 95w ? I have a subscription and a 36" dish with a linear (Ku band lnb). I can't seen to find if I am looking for the right sat? Thanks,
stbear007

So I have the dish with a ariza linear lnb for the 36 dish and I have a lnbf and round dish for 101...but still need a switch. I assume a multi-switch (diseq will not work) is still needed? Does it have to be dtv specific? Thanks

FOR NOW I am just concerned on getting the filippino channels for company this weekend if possible please! Not so much locals.

Hey there. I am looking to point a dish at Direct Tv's international channels (filippino) and wondering what sat I should be pointing at...Galaxy3 95w ? I have a subscription and a 36" dish with a linear (Ku band lnb). I can't seen to find if I am looking for the right sat? Thanks,
stbear007

So I have the dish with a ariza linear lnb for the 36 dish and I have a lnbf and round dish for 101...but still need a switch. I assume a multi-switch (diseq will not work) is still needed? Does it have to be dtv specific? Thanks

FOR NOW I am just concerned on getting the filippino channels for company this weekend if possible please! Not so much locals.

go to your dealer and ask them for this
Hughes,
Gee, what a 2nd post

Stbear,
The internationals have been on the 95 sat for a long time, but I think they have or are soon to be moving , however, seeing I don't do the internationals, I have not kept up on it.
Someone here will know for sure.
As for the switches, YES you'll need to have D* authorized switches.

Will D* not come out and set this up ?
Usually if you call them out to do it, they will have the switches ans what not to set you up.

Also, Welcome to the Site !

TRYING to install DIRECT TV DISHES?

Hey There...I have a direct tv account and receiver. I have a 36"dish with a linear (I think Ku band) lnb pointed to 95w (for internationals...filipino channels) I have another dish to use to point to 101w. Now I am not getting anything for 101w on that seperate dish...Wrong lnb? zip code is 48223 and I am just aiming each dish seperately since I guess I have to buy a Zinwell 6x8 switch to get them both to work...Yet I am not concerned about the 101w really. As far as I can tell though I have to have 101w for the receiver to download all information for 95w. Hence when receiver goes into update it will sit for hours because of no 101 and it failed in setup (even though I only choose 95 as installed dish and not any others) Thanks for any help on this,
stbear007

BTW direct tv's 95w lnb should be a linear(Ku) and not a Circular(Ka) right? Thanks.

Hughes,
Gee, what a 2nd post

Stbear,
The internationals have been on the 95 sat for a long time, but I think they have or are soon to be moving , however, seeing I don't do the internationals, I have not kept up on it.
Someone here will know for sure.
As for the switches, YES you'll need to have D* authorized switches.

Will D* not come out and set this up ?
Usually if you call them out to do it, they will have the switches ans what not to set you up.

Also, Welcome to the Site !

Thanks...unfortunately I don't have that option of them comming out to install. All on my own...

Thanks...unfortunately I don't have that option of them comming out to install. All on my own...

yep ... gal 3c @ the 95... what you need is a 6 x 8 switch ... 2 lines from the 101 lnb to the 101 inputs & 1 line from the linear lnb to the flexport 1 on the 6 x 8 sw.... set the dish up as to your zipcode .... be sure that the pole is plumb ....then point the dish to the 101 & peak to max ... then check the 95 ...it should fall in place ...

you might have to get your reciver auth & download new software before your recvr sees the 95 ...

Hey There...I have a direct tv account and receiver. I have a 36"dish with a linear (I think Ku band) lnb pointed to 95w (for internationals...filipino channels) I have another dish to use to point to 101w. Now I am not getting anything for 101w on that seperate dish...Wrong lnb? zip code is 48223 and I am just aiming each dish seperately since I guess I have to buy a Zinwell 6x8 switch to get them both to work...Yet I am not concerned about the 101w really. As far as I can tell though I have to have 101w for the receiver to download all information for 95w. Hence when receiver goes into update it will sit for hours because of no 101 and it failed in setup (even though I only choose 95 as installed dish and not any others) Thanks for any help on this,
stbear007

BTW direct tv's 95w lnb should be a linear(Ku) and not a Circular(Ka) right? Thanks.

i copied this from another post i did ... you just need to point each dish to the correct sat ...

yep ... gal 3c @ the 95... what you need is a 6 x 8 switch ... 2 lines from the 101 lnb to the 101 inputs & 1 line from the linear lnb to the flexport 1 on the 6 x 8 sw.... set the dish up as to your zipcode .... be sure that the pole is plumb ....then point the dish to the 101 & peak to max ... then check the 95 ...it should fall in place ...

you might have to get your reciver auth & download new software before your recvr sees the 95 ...

to aim at 95W if you have a free to air receiver laying around you can aim the dish using that

CCTV4 & 9 are on G3 too (same satellite)

11780 frequency
H polarity
20760 symbol rate

I know folks have done that in the past...aimed the dish with a FTA receiver then hook the cable to the D* switch once done

95 input should be to the 18v22khz input. At least it has been on the two I set up this week. Can also use a 4x4 m/s (which does not have the flex ports).

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)