DTV Dish: no 103 SAT

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

bajadock

Original poster
Nov 17, 2009
Pacific Ocean
I have successfully installed 5 DirecTV households. Yesterday, came upon friend's system that showed high(all transponders at 95+) signal on 101 and solid(83+) signal on 99. But, 103 was all 0.

103 shows 48.8 elevation, 154.5 az, and -21.2 skew. 101 shows 48 elev, 151.7 az and -23.5 skew from Dishpointer.com for this Socal location. Hoping someone can tell me why I'm getting NO LOVE from Sat 103 in SoCal.

Thanks for telling me what might be happening??? CHEERS

What does Dishpointer show as the alignment parameters for the SL3 multisat selection?
Especially the skew.
Make sure the mast is plumb and that the skew and elevation are set. Then the Azimuth.
With 99 being a bit low, I'd suggest that the skew is slightly off and possibly the elevation.

My guess would be faulty LNB. With those readings on the other birds, you should have something on 103 even if the tilt was not right.

You do know that you don't care about the azimuth and elevation on the 103, right? You just line up on 101 and then use tilt for 99 and 103.

Anyway, probably need to invest in a new LNB.

Thanks JDS and Bob, Here is what I've got:
Elevation: 48.0°
Azimuth (true): 151.7°
Azimuth (mag.): 139.5° using Compass
Dish Skew: 113.5°

Thanks for bad LNB possibility. The 103 outage just happened. Perfect weather in San Diego past 2 weeks.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts