DTV DOWNGRADE POSSIBLE?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Kalnory

Original poster
Oct 20, 2018
Unfortunately I *upgraded* my perfectly good working dtv DVR receiver to a HD44/500
I let DTV take my old box..

I have another old receiver downstairs in the family room but it only records two shows
Not the five that the other one did.

If I buy an old receiver from Best Buy will they have to downgrade my system?
How long will it be before I'm forced to deal with this *upgrade* if so?

The search feature is terrible you can't watch a show and search for another episode any longer..it will only show you a search result for that same episode...the orange line is gone on recorded episodes so you have no idea how long you've been watching the show nor can you bookmark your place anymore. The Wi-Fi disconnects every 20 minutes.. I've had DirecTV Out 3 times they say it's a software conflict between my modem and DirecTV but it worked fine with my old box which they refused to give me back.

I've been a customer of DirecTV for at least 9 years..
My TV is connected to the internet but says it isn't connected to the network- (the software conflict) I'm told by DirecTV as long as it's working what do I care..
But I can no longer get Pandora for example
That ship has sailed
I'm paying more and more money for less and less service

Whoever made this interface should be fired
I know people don't like change and that I'd have to get used to it- but this is just awful

(Why would I want to search for the same episode when I'm watching that episode?)

Please help me..
I just want my old system back for as long as I can..

As I mentioned in your other post, you can't get Directv equipment from Best Buy. Directv may let you turn your HR44 in for an HR24. Call and ask.

As I mentioned in your other post, you can't get Directv equipment from Best Buy. Directv may let you turn your HR44 in for an HR24. Call and ask.
Maybe

Apologies it was on Amazon
I can buy a receiver there
Is the HD 24 what I would want?
I have asked DirecTV to downgrade me they absolutely refuse
I wish I had not let them take my receiver out of the house or I could have probably forced the issue

They also sell HD 34s which are a lot cheaper what is the difference?

You can still get HR24’s. Seen plenty on eBay for around $100

They won’t swap it out

They sure wouldn't
The woman said on the phone yes I've been getting calls about this since..
(I waited for her to say like..5 o'clock) but she says.. May..

I'm thinking to myself so wait a minute, you're allowing your technicians to go to people's houses and install a system that you know to be faulty because
Why?

They sure wouldn't
The woman said on the phone yes I've been getting calls about this since..
(I waited for her to say like..5 o'clock) but she says.. May..

I'm thinking to myself so wait a minute, you're allowing your technicians to go to people's houses and install a system that you know to be faulty because
Why?
Because they are not faulty for the majority of people.
Most people don't nit pick every little detail of a product like we do, but thats why were here ...

Most people take the time to get to know the product for things they are familiar with and investigate new things and go back to what they know ...
Remember, if your a New(er) sub, you have no idea what it was like before, so you take the recvr and learn how to use it, not knowing any different ...

Those of us on sites like this are the exception, not the majority.

Reactions: jollygrunt
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts