DTV Locals

Status
Please reply by conversation.

maxkat44

Original poster
Jul 27, 2009
Rockford, IL
I lost my locals in Rockford last week on only one receiver. Tech came out and said the other receiver was still trying to get locals from the old satellite. The locals work now but the picture quality is bad. You can see edges around people and you can see pixels all over the screen. Was the tech correct? Will the picture quality improve?

Thanks

If you are not happy, then Directv should not be happy. Things like that seldom fix themselves. Call them back.

GL, Eric

After a couple of nights of prime time t.v. watching I discovered that the only local that looks bad is CBS. You can actually see ridges around that wonderful logo in the corner. Everything has ridges; the scenes, characters. It's ruining my favorites. CSI, Mentalist, Criminal Minds... Any ideas?

Are you getting your channels thru D* or OTA going thier D*s box ?

IF your locals are changing from :example the sat at 72 that is SD and coming onto the 99/103 sat that is mostly HD, then I would check and see if thats what is happening and find out when , if you need to get a new dish to get them that way your much better off.
No mention of what your set up was like, recvr/s and dish being used.

It almost sounds like your getting them with an OTA signal.

Directv could be uplinking a poor signal, complain to Direct and the local channel. I did, and it helped.

I'm getting my locals through DTV. Not sure which receiver I have. It's a silver HDDVR. Got it last year instead of the black receiver they were giving with the Sunday ticket. The black receiver did not have a hook-up for OTA.

I'm getting my locals through DTV. Not sure which receiver I have. It's a silver HDDVR. Got it last year instead of the black receiver they were giving with the Sunday ticket. The black receiver did not have a hook-up for OTA.

cant be a H21-100 bc i got one of those and it doesnt have OTA on it. (older?)

The HR20-700 is silver. Maybe the HR20-100 is, too, but they are the only ones IIRC. They both have OTA tuners in them.

DTV = Digital TV as in OTA
D* = DirecTV
which one are you getting your locals from?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)