DTV Protection Plan price increase

Status
Please reply by conversation.

underscore

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 20, 2007
We heard your feedback and have added several great new improvements to the DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN as a result, including an equipment upgrade every two years at no additional cost beyond the monthly charge. (Offer requires a renewed 24-month agreement.)* Effective May 16, 2013, the DIRECTV PROTECTION PLAN will increase by $2 per month to $7.99.

We're sure you'll agree that it's a small price to pay for these great new benefits:*
  • NEW BENEFIT: Equipment upgrade every two years at no additional cost beyond the monthly charge.
  • NEW BENEFIT: Unintentional and Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) of the DIRECTV System.
And of course, you'll continue to get:*
  • On-site repairs and the savings associated with replacing defective equipment.
  • Protection for every DIRECTV Receiver, remote, connection/switch, satellite antenna and wiring, plus dish antenna realignment.
  • 24-hour technical support, 7 days a week.

Anyone know what kind of equipment upgrade they're talking about? DTV already took away my HD credit from 2 years ago and I don't think the protection plan is worth it now as it is (I signed up for it knowing I'd need a realign after having a new roof put on).

You say they took away your hd access credit. Do you have paperless billing? BTW, a realignment for a new roof isn't part of the pp.

• NEW BENEFIT: Unintentional and Accidental Damage from Handling (ADH) of the DIRECTV System.

Whether a new roof is considered INtentional damage to "the DIRECTV System" or not is up for debate, but I would argue that point personally. As long as the dish wasnt damaged AND all the wiring was still intact and useable, if i rolled to a service call that just needed the dish redone, id call that an easy one. Now having the roof guys "install" the dish could cause some problems, I know alot of people are able to setup and peak a dish with little problems, but Ive also seen some major screw ups directly related to this.

The cust only needs to say all my tvs went out, error 771, theyll send the tech out, its up to the tech whether to report the dish down or not, I know its not supposed to be covered (currently, delectably changing may 16, 2013) so If the dish was damaged, id offer to split the cost of the new dish, tell the customer theyre not paying for the service call since their under the protection plan, however that does not include a new dish, and I am not paided to install a new dish that was damaged because of your new roof. However for 20 dollars cash and a cup of coffee I think I can make it work out.

Or....

I could call directv for you and have the proper order generated to pay me for your new dish and your account will be billed 79.99 (or whatever the current cost is for ODU Relocate)

I originally enrolled in paperless billing to get the credit from the tart. I have not changed that.

Also, I only originally signed up for the protection plan at the suggestion of a DTV rep when I called to have them come out after my roof was redone. They waived the normal fee for having someone come out in exchange for signing up for the plan.

Have you called to get the hd access charge waived? Also, if you don't think the pp cost is worth it, then why not drop it? An upgrade is going from a non hd box to an hd one or a non dvr to a dvr.

Anyone know what kind of equipment upgrade they're talking about?

I would assume they will upgrade you to the latest technology receiver every 2 years as part of the DTV Protection Plan. It's good for Directv as they can charge you more (or much higher) junk fees each month because you are on more advanced technology receiver than you used to be before the free equipment upgrade.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)