DTV Questions

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Oldnavycdr

Original poster
Sep 11, 2017
NC
I'm a long time user of DTV. We recently did a room expansion and added a new 4K Samsung. The room is open to the kitchen with another Samsung 25' or so directly across from the new one. I use a Harmony remote in the family room (HR-54, AVR, and Blu-Ray). In the kitchen I use the DTV peanut remote to command the C51-700. The Harmony remote will change the channel or turn off the TV in the kitchen. Is there a work around?

Also, there is a significant (3 sec or better) delay between the two TV's set to the same channel. I've read elsewhere that is just something I will live with but wanted to check here.

Both TV's are DTV compatible (RVU). Would switching the kitchen TV to RVU and dropping the C51 get rid of the delay? Any advantage to using the RVU feature of that TV?

Thanks in advance. This newer equipment is a bit baffling. I want to work through some of this before I consider the move to DTV 4K -- assuming the get more content.

I'm a long time user of DTV. We recently did a room expansion and added a new 4K Samsung. The room is open to the kitchen with another Samsung 25' or so directly across from the new one. I use a Harmony remote in the family room (HR-54, AVR, and Blu-Ray). In the kitchen I use the DTV peanut remote to command the C51-700. The Harmony remote will change the channel or turn off the TV in the kitchen. Is there a work around?

Also, there is a significant (3 sec or better) delay between the two TV's set to the same channel. I've read elsewhere that is just something I will live with but wanted to check here.

Both TV's are DTV compatible (RVU). Would switching the kitchen TV to RVU and dropping the C51 get rid of the delay? Any advantage to using the RVU feature of that TV?

Thanks in advance. This newer equipment is a bit baffling. I want to work through some of this before I consider the move to DTV 4K -- assuming the get more content.

1. Not sure about how to go about having 2 Samsung TVs in the same room without having remote codes going where you don't want them.
2. The delay is unavoidable as far as I know.
3. I am not aware of any advantage to the RVU other than potentially saving you equipment fees, and I am not sure about that.

Sorry I don't have better answers for you.

I would split one signal, and either hard wire it or get a wireless transmitter....The IR shouldn't be to bad on dueling TVs as long as their not side by side. If they are. some tape on remote so the IR signal isnt so wide.

rvu is a downgrade imho
depends on tv manufacturer for software update
no hdmi for an avr
no fee savings
still requires coax run

Reactions: harshness
Thanks guys! Looks like I will just deal with both the delay and the occasional inadvertent TV switching. I appreciate the responses!

I use the free app called smart remote and if ur tv is connected to the internet it will control it with ur phone. If ur Directv is connected to the internet I use yoke remote app it costs .98 cents and will control ur Directv from ur phone.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)