DTV Signal Meter

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

jtwex

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 25, 2008
Embarrassed Bear
Hi guys/gals,

Been gone a while but good to see most of the gang still helping out. I'm currently looking for a nice yet reasonable signal meter to align my Slimline dish's as needed. I always lugged a small TV, the SWiM, power supply & output splitter up to the roof when I needed some fine tuning but after relocating the dish to the side of the A-frame it's just to much of a pain in the azz to bring all this stuff outside so I can tweak a dish. I emailed a few of our sponsors but as yet haven't received any advice on what model I should get. Can anybody out there recommend a reasonable meter that will tune 101, 110, 119, 99x & 103x.....I'm not a professional installer, just tune my dishes & a few friends when they ask?

Thanks everyone,

jtwex

:coffee

I only have experience with Birdogs, I have the USB plus ($350). But I love it.
Im an installer, and it makes pointing dishes easier than making coffee.

I know its pricey, but you could charge your friends ten or fifteen bucks to point their dishes :D lol

Oh and once you have the 101 & 119 locked you will have everything inbetween. Unless the dish is warped or there is LOS issues in the middle.

Thanks OSD, that price is about the middle of the range I was looking at....was just hoping it was a good one. I understand locking in 101 & 119 should be enough baring a bad mount or obstruction but

Yeah man, nothing but awesome things to say about the birdog.
Ive heard good things about the sat buddy but I think its more expensive.

You might also want to buy a two way power passing splitter.
Disconnect the sat cables from all receivers before attempting to point.

Then when your on the roof just put the splitter on and point.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)