DTV SlimLine Dish Install Video

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Slimline Dish for sale!

Has anyone heard of when the new dish is going on sale? Has anyone asked any of the dealers if they have a pre-order yet?

herdfan said:
That would be nice. I have an AT9 sitting in a box in my garage and I haven't gotten around to installing it yet due to I haven't had time to install a 2" pole.

But if the new one can fit on my existing 1 5/8" pole, then I will wait. Doesn't look like any nationals or my locals will be available until 2007 on Ka anyway.
I'm usually just a lurker here, but I'm wonderinf if you couldn't find some kind of "adapter" collar or sleeve you could buy or make?

If there's currently no such thing available, someone could make a killing making them and selling them to installers. My idea is for a pole approximately 6" to 1 foot long, or a collar or sleeve that slips over the existing pole. It would have to have different sized diameters on each end, with 1 5/8" diameter at one end to slip over the old pole, and 2" at the other end to mount the dish. I think the problem would be how to secure the "adapter" pole to the existing pole, making sure it's secured, possibly utilizing the current bolt hole at the top of the existing pole?

I dunno ... just some musings. :eek:

But hey - if this idea is any good and someone does happen to follow through and make lots of money, I'd happily accept some lovin' in the form of a large reward check! :D

I'm pretty sure the AT9 uses a 2" pole is because it needs the additional support due to the extra weight. You don't want that dish falling off the side of the house right onto someones head...

If the reflective surface of the new dish is smaller than the current AT9, that may make rain fade during heavy rain worse than it is now. With a smaller reflective surface less signal will be reflected less to the LNBs. We might be better off with the AT9 if it's reflective surface is larger.

Rain fade is a big problem for us here in Florida, during our heavy summer showers.

Actually, we haven't experience that yet this year with all the dry weather, but when it starts we will have to get used to the daily signal loss during the showers. Good thing they only last a few minutes.

Has Directv Made This A Ghost Dish?

Again, I am asking too! Has anyone seen the dish for sale? Have a model number yet? I know of Techs that have seen the install videos, but no one seems to know anything about the dish. The dish was suppose to be out end June. That date has come and gone!

Anyone with News?

OneBigJedi said:
Again, I am asking too! Has anyone seen the dish for sale? Have a model number yet? I know of Techs that have seen the install videos, but no one seems to know anything about the dish. The dish was suppose to be out end June. That date has come and gone!

Anyone with News?
What techs have seen the slimline video? The only video available right now is the AT9.
Rick

Local DTV Tech In Nashville

I have talked to 2 different DTV (Sub Contractor) Techs in my area that said they had attended a training secssion in Nashville on the new dish. I ask to make sure it was the Slimline dish and not the AT9. They said they knew what I was talking about, and yes it was the slimline dish.

What channel was it where D* used to broadcast the AT-9 installation videos? Maybe they will start showing one for the Slimline dish and we can get an idea when it will be released.

tfoss said:
when can i buy a slimline dish & not the AT9? THANKS

If you had read much about the Slimline you would know that it is not available yet.

If you can find a new D* slimline dish for sale anywhere today, I will buy it for you.
I am also certain that my credit card will still have dust on it come Monday.
Rick
rkr0923 said:
can't remember where but I saw it for sale on a web site, so yes, it's out there

I think I am leaning towards WANTING the AT-9 vs the slimline , if it is that much better than the 3LNB dish for rain fade....
Lately we have had the summer pop up afternoon storms and lots of flooding as well, my normal signal strength 's are 88 to mid 90's on the 3 lnb and I am still loosing signal during our bad storms....

Jimbo

Any One Know of a Release Date Yet?

Just wondering if anyone has heard anything about when this baby is going to be available.

Groundhog said:
What channel was it where D* used to broadcast the AT-9 installation videos? Maybe they will start showing one for the Slimline dish and we can get an idea when it will be released.
Those videos were around 570-589 somewhere in that area.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)