DTV to broadcast 25 MLB games in 4k

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Yup, and I haven't been able to watch CBC Hockey since the days of Analog OTA from just the other side of the lake.
Use to watch CBC every weekend ... till the US went digital.
You need a good outdoor antenna to get the signal, but I think it should be possible from Toledo. And I think Buckeye Cable has been carrying CBC since the last Winter Olympics because they had that dispute with the NBC station a couple years ago.

Anyway, just watched the Red Wings on CBC and I can tell you it's just not same since Rogers took over all the rights. Rogers is just licensing the games to CBC right now, because CBC ran out of money due to budget cuts and got outbid on the NHL rights.

You need a good outdoor antenna to get the signal, but I think it should be possible from Toledo. And I think Buckeye Cable has been carrying CBC since the last Winter Olympics because they had that dispute with the NBC station a couple years ago.

Anyway, just watched the Red Wings on CBC and I can tell you it's just not same since Rogers took over all the rights. Rogers is just licensing the games to CBC right now, because CBC ran out of money due to budget cuts and got outbid on the NHL rights.
So, I'm really not missing much.
I pick up Detroit channels fine, I use to be able to pick up Cleveland as well, before everything went digital.
I have an antenna that is suppose to go 100 miles, suppose to.

Well I guess no game tonight. For 20 minutes I saw the DirecTV logo in 4K and then at 10:22et they changed the guide to say TO BE ANNOUNCED. Too bad I was really looking forward to the game.

You mention Rogers and the Maple Leafs. Don't forget, Rogers is gonna broadcast all of the Toronto Blue Jays home games in 4K this year. That's 81 games, over 3 times as much as Directv here in America.

In other words, Canada is beating us when it comes to 4K broadcasts.:eek:
because Rogers owns the Jays, the Rogers Centre and the cable company there.....seems pretty easy if you ask me ;)

Apparently DirecTV and MLB/Dodgers or Giants couldn't come to an agree. Therefore the game was pulled last minute. That is the info I got from DirecTV. I would suspect the agreement was between DirecTV and MLB Network though. Kind of upset I had to get upgraded package and equipment for 1 channel that has ok content and one that only showed three holes of the Masters.

Isn't 106 only on when something like an event or game is being shown, would that be why its not in peoples guide from time to time ?

I'm seeing a weird line down the middle of the screen. Other than that, the broadcast looks stunning
I saw the same vertical line splitting the screen in half. It was so distracting. And just as I decided it wasn't worth watching, some sort of video glitch locked up my display and lost sync.

I saw the same vertical line splitting the screen in half. It was so distracting. And just as I decided it wasn't worth watching, some sort of video glitch locked up my display and lost sync.
I wonder if this is why they cancelled the 106 broadcast?

The next broadcast according to the Press Release is the 19th: http://about.att.com/story/mlb_network_showcase_games_in_4k_ultra_hd.html

Hopefully they get things sorted out by the time the Red Sox and Yankees play. Those games could actually attract some interest outside the give-me-anything-4k-market, especially being two nights in a row.

Reactions: Mr Tony
I wonder if this is why they cancelled the 106 broadcast?

The next broadcast according to the Press Release is the 19th: http://about.att.com/story/mlb_network_showcase_games_in_4k_ultra_hd.html

Hopefully they get things sorted out by the time the Red Sox and Yankees play. Those games could actually attract some interest outside the give-me-anything-4k-market, especially being two nights in a row.
Why, the Red Sox and Yankees are crammed down everyones throats every year, if we want it or not.

Why, the Red Sox and Yankees are crammed down everyones throats every year, if we want it or not.
Exactly! So if 4k becomes part of that narrative then more people will know about it. Nobody's cramming Giants & Dodgers down peoples throats.

Don't forget where Pink Hat fans got invented. They spend money too, and often more.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)