DTV with Time Warner internet?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

matty dread

Original poster
Dec 5, 2005
NY
Hey guys, first post here as I just got hooked up to DirecTV yesterday.

Quick question, maybe a dumb one but here goes... is it possible to have DirecTV and Time Warner's high speed internet on the same cable line?

thanks

So if I want to have Time Warner hook up road runner they can't do it because I have DirecTV?

I'm not sure if you can diplex cable high speed internet with satellite with any success. You might try searching for "diplexing satellite and cable high spped internet" but the archives may be a little thin until the forum staff completes the conversion to the new software.
HTH

I had CoxCable highspeed running on the same line as D* for 2+ years. No problems - I was generally getting the max download speeds while watching D*.

Good call fkostyn [below] ... MPEG4 changes this. They will have to be separate if you convert -- it's a good idea to future-proof since there are other threads that in late 2007 D* will put everyone on MPEG4. Run a 2nd line.

Ironically, the cable and D*'s installers showed up at the same time/day and worked on the install together. Highspeed bill - $30; D* bill - $70; watching two servicepeople bicker about who worked for the better company - priceless.

Last edited:
Don't forget to note, with the new HD dish, they WILL have to have separate lines!!! You currently can diplex onto the lines however, once you are upgraded to the 5LNB dish, it will not work.

Daz said:
I had CoxCable highspeed running on the same line as D* for 2+ years. No problems - I was generally getting the max download speeds while watching D*.
Good call fkostyn [below] ... MPEG4 changes this. They will have to be separate if you convert -- it's a good idea to future-proof since there are other threads that in late 2007 D* will put everyone on MPEG4. Run a 2nd line.
Ironically, the cable and D*'s installers showed up at the same time/day and worked on the install together. Highspeed bill - $30; D* bill - $70; watching two servicepeople bicker about who worked for the better company - priceless.

I Would of loved to see that one, who blocked the outher one in the driveway and couldent leave when they was done?

RIRWIN1983 said:
I Would of loved to see that one, who blocked the outher one in the driveway and couldent leave when they was done?

I done this one time also. I work for a company that does mainly Direcway, but we also sell DTV and Dish. I arrived at a ladys house to install a Direcway and a Bruister & Associates truck was in the drive. The guy got there 30 min. before me and I was gone before the guy had even got all the cables pulled.

you can only diplex on the triple sat. not the new 5 lnb. but you can defenitly diplex any cable internet into sattlilte lines no prob.

cpt_roo is right. Everything that I've read in the other forums and boards is that the 5 LNB can't be diplexed.

To answer WIN1983 .... Both parked on the street. D* guy was more senior with installs. Neither of them had a professional appearence.

Both were pleasant/joking about it and tried to sell me on the other products. Told Cable guy to get the NFL and I'd switch TV services -- told D* guy to get his company to offer better internet delivery and I'd switch. That set them both off. My wife couldn't understand why I was laughing. The end result? I've never touched the setup; I've never lost service on either.

Last edited:
just to explain a little more the new 5 sat uses frequencies below 800MHz. therefore the diplexer will get confused and sent the sat to the
UV/ant side(<800MHz.) and only cause problems for both the cable/Internet and the sat.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)