DTV & Zinwell

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

hoster

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 25, 2006
Hello

We have just replaced the older sidecar 5LNB dish with the new Slimline 5 LNB dish.
The question is that what I read we don't need a switch like Zinwell to make this work because it it has it's own switch built in.
We are running 2 recievers Hr-20 700 on HD.
When we had the old dish hooked up we needed the switch in line (Zinwell)
This dish has a swirch built in as I read but when we hook up the 4 lines from the 2 recivers only one reciever work both tuners and the 2nd has nothng.
I put the Zinwell inline all works both reicers except HD.

What are we doing wrong here????

Richard

The AT9 dish that you replaced had a built in 4 way multi switch just like the AU9 dish that was just set up. If you are running two dual tuner receivers off the AU9 you need 2 cables run directly from the dish to each receiver. What are you getting for signal strengths off 99 and 103 if you aren't getting HD?

The AT9 dish that you replaced had a built in 4 way multi switch just like the AU9 dish that was just set up. If you are running two dual tuner receivers off the AU9 you need 2 cables run directly from the dish to each receiver.

We do have 2 cables running to each reciever straight from the AU-9
What happens is that I have just tried hooking up just one cable from each reiecver and on one you get all and the there no HD .
If we hook up both cables on ecach reciver one works other don't.
It is strange I can't figure where the pro\blem is at.
If it would not be up on the house roof that would help troubleshooting it.
After climb up and down 20-30 times that gets to you.

One added thing using the old dish when we installed it we could not get it to work with out installing the Zinwell switch.

I was told using the dual tunner rx we have here we need the switch when using that dish??????? don't no.

Did you power up the unit before you had connected both cables to the receivers?

What happens when you swap the cables on the back of the receivers? Are you still getting signal on Tuner 1 and not Tuner 2? If so, try resetting the receivers and doing a forced download. If not, it sounds like a cabling/connector issue.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts