DTVPAL DVR Clone?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
DTVPal only had two tuners as well. You're right about the $100 price bump, but maybe this is so that CM can run "awesome sale" prices.

I'm extremely tempted; the DTVPal is the only DVR that can operate purely on PSIP data, though it includes no record by name functionality. So if the broadcaster changes a timeslot, you have to manually delete and recreate the timer.

Oh; and the cheapest I've been able to build an HTPC with four tuners and Windows 7 is about $500, so I'd love it if you could IM me with your shopping list. :)

DTVPal only had two tuners as well. You're right about the $100 price bump, but maybe this is so that CM can run "awesome sale" prices.

I like the awesome sale prices idea. :) Thanks for the correction. For some reason I thought it did three at once.

I'm extremely tempted; the DTVPal is the only DVR that can operate purely on PSIP data, though it includes no record by name functionality. So if the broadcaster changes a timeslot, you have to manually delete and recreate the timer.

Oh; and the cheapest I've been able to build an HTPC with four tuners and Windows 7 is about $500, so I'd love it if you could IM me with your shopping list. :)

The last one I did for my brother was a quickie. I bought a 2GB $299 W7 X64 HDMI system with 500GB drive online and added 2 Avermedia Duets X1 (2 dual tuners) for $130 (OEM white box) from Buy.com. Adding Bluray capabilities though bumps the price another $120-$150 depending. The Duets sometimes go as low as $49. I usually buy parts when I see them on sale at deep discounts or salvage from other systems, and when I collect enough for a system, I build it and either use it or sell it.

Last edited:

QUOTE]

It operates on both PSIP and TVGOS. It prefers TVGOS if it's available, but will drop down to PSIP if it has to.

This is the same exact product that Dish had last year. They sold it off to Channel Master. I don't believe anything has changed other than the name and the price.

At least the product is available. I have one DTVPAL DVR and am quite happy with it. Decided not to buy a second one, but I'm happy to see I still can if I change my mind.

Don't any of you have a Vista or W7 desktop that you slide an express or PCI ATSC dual tuner card into for a dual tuner recorder? The premium and above versions of Windows already have the recording software built into the OS.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)