DTVPAL DVR - Get 'Em While You Can!

HDinTX

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 6, 2005
I just got off the phone with an electronics sales associate at the Eau Claire, WI Sears store concerning the DTVPAL DVR sales listing on the Sears Outlet website. The quoted website price of $149.93 caught my attention so I called. He stated that these are actually 6 new units that are being closed out and clearanced and he also stated that if you purchased at that store the price is discounted to $99.99! Unfortunately, this clearance item is not eligible for a Sears store sales transfer, so I am out of luck. Hope someone benefits from this info. Here's the link for the DTVPAL DVR.

http://www.searsoutlet.com/DTVPAL-D...rh_nrb_md&mode=buyUsedOnly#inv_focus_link_0_5

Hmmm. The outlet price now shows $209.93 for me, and the closest store is 1hr away. Too bad I'm not in TX!

I went to my local Sears. They had one in stock and a price of 299.99
I asked the guy to check the price because I read it was down to 200ish....and he checks the sears site and doesnt see it on there (uh ok...)

The loser wouldnt check the price with the register....says thats the price

Iceberg,

I think you have to print out the price from the online store and bring it in to the outlet, not the regular Sears.

I can't recall if you are in the twin cities area, but if so, Eau Claire is only about 80 miles away - though you might want to check availability before making the drive!

DK_Sat checked and his local store had it for 209ish...I figured they were closing them out as its not on the website (the regular sears one)

I'm in the west metro of the TC so its a 2 hour drive to Eau Claire

If you actuall could get it for $99 as mentioned above, it would be tempting to make the drive. But it might be better to pay the $50 extra and have it shipped.

If only it did name based recording, i'd jump on it just to have the option of recording two extra OTA signals. I'm just not sure I can go back to that after being spoiled with first a 625 and now a 722.

If you actuall could get it for $99 as mentioned above, it would be tempting to make the drive. But it might be better to pay the $50 extra and have it shipped.

I just checked and they only have two left (in store pick up only). Those two are priced at $99.93. So it seems like you could ensure getting one by ordering online before making the drive out there.

The guy said they are discontinuing them and a few stores were the 1st ones to discount them this low. Probably stores with crappy OTA issues

The link says refurbished/new which could mean either I guess

Last edited:
If only it did name based recording, i'd jump on it just to have the option of recording two extra OTA signals. I'm just not sure I can go back to that after being spoiled with first a 625 and now a 722.

You wouldn't have name based recording, but you would gain one-button CC, and the ability to turn off the status bar when paused or in fast forward. Wish they would incorporate those two functions into the 722.

...and the ability to turn off the status bar when paused or in fast forward. Wish they would incorporate those two functions into the 722.
I'd really like to be able to turn off the progress bar so I could easily read the vanity cards after Two and a Half Men and Big Bang Theory.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts