Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
Just got word that there is a software update available for DVPal DVR owners. To get the new software update make sure your receiver is connected to a broadband internet connection.

The new firmware version is F206.

Please report any issues you have with the new software and also let us know if it fixes any of the other issues.

The new software is supposed to address the stability issues experienced by some customers. It's also supposed to make several usability enhancements, including picture-in-guide.

Edit: Not all changes made it into this release, apparently. The update does address the timer scheduling issue, where back to back timers always occupied both tuners.

Last edited:
Not up yet

Scott,

Must not be up and available yet.

When I tried I got the following.

Information A687
Software Update:
The Detected Update is already installed on your DTVPAL DVR. No Update will be performed.

I have Firmware F202TALD-N

Keep us updated if you hear anything - - - but it sounds like it must be soon.

I don't have a DTVPal DVR so I can't test it, but was contacted by a friend at Echostar to help spread the word. So that what I was doing. :)

The new software is supposed to address the stability issues experienced by some customers. It's also supposed to make several usability enhancements, including picture-in-guide.

How do you know what it's supposed to do?

Got it! Notice nothing about the guide having a tv pic like DISH dvrs do. Notice nothing new except the ability to turn off the tv guide option in the menu under the guide features.

Got the new firmware downloaded and installed as well. I wish they would have added Picture In Guide...

If you were experiencing any reboots / lockups before, please report on whether you see the same issues with 1.06 installed.

Maybe I need to re-phrase this.....
I have internet at home, but the DTVPAL is not connected to it. Can I download the update on a thumb drive & install that way?

Yes you can download to a thumbdrive and install that way, but the new software isn't there yet. Go to dtvpal . com and click links to DTVPAL DVR and Support.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts