DTV's Credit check

Status
Please reply by conversation.

satsol67

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Dec 13, 2006
Can anyone please tell me what DTV goes by when it comes to thier "credit check" ?

I have a buddy that does dtv along with alarms. When the customer wants the alarm system thier credit is ran and a becon score is given. This is the thing. A customer was ran in with a becon score of 639 and dtv failed them and the next day another customer was ran in and thier becon was 524 and they passed dtv's check. So that right there tells me dtv doesnt go by the credit but what do they go by???? It also seems that when the end of the month comes around more customers pass.

It would be nice if we were told some sort of guide line that we could go by.

Sorry if this post is long winded.

Ron

Just a guess but perhaps they are looking at any cable, satellite, cellular or telco collection activity.

Just speculating here as well also, but they may be looking for alias names and previous addresses to help curb fraud.

Just a guess but perhaps they are looking at any cable, satellite, cellular or telco collection activity.

Bingo, all it checks is # of derogatory accounts as one flag, # of judgements as another flag, and a third flag is any derogs or judgements with a utility or cable company.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)