Dual Axis mount/Jaeger 1224 SMR-EL alternative?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

mados123

Original poster
Sep 17, 2009
NY
Hey guys. I have a project that I am working on that requires a dual axis mount similar to the Jaeger HQ 1224 SMR EL. I understand it is discontinued. Does anyone have any suggestions for off-the-shelf alternatives?

Thanks!

dual axis is awesome. there are dual axis controllers but the cost some cash. I guess you could experiment and use two analog receiver to run two actuators. one actuator is east and west and the other is elevation.

maybe set the elevation at 0 or neutral and just move it east and west ...it may track that way.

Thanks!

Yeah, gonna run something similar to that as I could not find a "packaged" solution like the Jaeger. Thanks again!

that mount "should" track the sky with the elevation on 0 just like a normal polar mount.
You can use the elevation actuator to track inclinded orbit satellites.

2 G boxes. One remote control. Name all satellites the same on both boxes. Separate wiring to each motor. turn one on by hand, go to desired satellite, hit power button on remote, turns one Gbox off and the other on. Go to same satellite in second Gbox.

still working on mine

I have heard there are some video feeds on inclined orbit sats. I have never tried it. basically an inclined orbit satellite is some cheap transponder rent since its not geosync.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 2)