Dual tuner DVR/HD DVR questions

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

billybgame

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Oct 22, 2007
Saginaw, MI
Still awaiting hookup, and trying to figure out what I want/need, as far as receivers. One question I'm still not solid on is, if you have a dual DVR, do both TVs hooked up get DVR ability? I doubt that, but it seems that's how they try to sell it.

And, what about HD duals? Does the second TV also get HD?

Trying to decide if I need a HD DVR AND a second DVR. Already bought my 3rd receiver(just a 322), for $86 total, on Ebay(new in box). Hope that's a pretty good deal. Seems it.

Still awaiting hookup, and trying to figure out what I want/need, as far as receivers. One question I'm still not solid on is, if you have a dual DVR, do both TVs hooked up get DVR ability? I doubt that, but it seems that's how they try to sell it.

And, what about HD duals? Does the second TV also get HD?

Trying to decide if I need a HD DVR AND a second DVR. Already bought my 3rd receiver(just a 322), for $86 total, on Ebay(new in box). Hope that's a pretty good deal. Seems it.
Both TV's will have DVR ability with the exception of the new External Hard Drive support which, for now, can only be accessed by TV1 unless you are in single mode, in which case, TV2 will mirror TV1.

Regarding HD DVR, no, only TV1 will receive HD, TV2 will be in SD. However, TV 2 could be fed with HDMI or Component cables plus audio and again, mirror TV1 in single mode.

"Both TV's will have DVR ability with the exception of the new External Hard Drive support which, for now, can only be accessed by TV1 unless you are in single mode, in which case, TV2 will mirror TV1."

L4.46 gave us access to the EHD from TV2. :)

"Both TV's will have DVR ability with the exception of the new External Hard Drive support which, for now, can only be accessed by TV1 unless you are in single mode, in which case, TV2 will mirror TV1."

L4.46 gave us access to the EHD from TV2. :)
Really? Have not got mine yet! Good news.

Yep. I noticed my 2nd TV could see the EHD last night and checked to see what version I was at and it was L4.46. Now if I could only power on my EHD from my TV2 location.

I'm not that far from your KAB, maybe you do have it.

Yep. I noticed my 2nd TV could see the EHD last night and checked to see what version I was at and it was L4.46. Now if I could only power on my EHD from my TV2 location.

I'm not that far from your KAB, maybe you do have it.

Not as of last night. I only got L445 about 10 days ago.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)