Ducks dip beaks into scandal

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Will94

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Jul 11, 2008
USA
Is there a clean football program in the NCAA?

Ducks dip beaks into scandal - Sports | The Columbia Daily Tribune - Columbia, Missouri
Depending on what he’s told NCAA investigators, Chip Kelly might be the latest Pinocchio among the coaching fraternity. If you haven’t heard, Kelly’s Oregon Ducks have replaced Ohio State as the major college team under the microscope, all because Oregon cut a $25,000 check to someone named Will Lyles, who might be the one person in college football capable of slowing down the Ducks.

Long story short: Until recently, Lyles ran a Houston-based company that evaluated high school prospects and sold scouting reports to college coaches. Deft reporting by Yahoo!, the Eugene Register-Guard and The Oregonian tells us that Oregon paid Lyles to provide its football coaches a something called a “national recruiting package.”

In recent interviews, though, Lyles insisted that Oregon paid him for “access and influence” to two prominent Oregon recruits, running backs Lache Seastrunk and LaMichael James. Lyles admitted to Yahoo! that he manipulated the former’s guardianship status to help with his letter of intent to Oregon (shady) and arranged the latter’s move from Texas to Arkansas to secure his eligibility at Oregon (shadier). In February 2010, Lyles billed Oregon $25,000 in return for his “national package,” three weeks before his brand new company, Complete Scouting Services, was up and running long enough to register a website (shadiest).

Doesn't seem like it anymore.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

Well, you've had to wonder how Oregon has suddenly vaulted into relevancy on the national football level these last 10 years. And it wasn't because of their super sweet fluorescent jerseys either...

Well, you've had to wonder how Oregon has suddenly vaulted into relevancy on the national football level these last 10 years. And it wasn't because of their super sweet fluorescent jerseys either...

The WHOLE recruiting thing is a shaddy business that more than likely will never be cleaned up.

The WHOLE recruiting thing is a shaddy business that more than likely will never be cleaned up.
Agreed. I didn't learn until a year or two ago that people made money selling scouting information on high school players. That's just ridiculous. There is way too much money in amateur athletics.

Oregon isn't the only one to have run across this guy...
Invoices obtained by The Oregonian show that both Cal and LSU bought recruiting packages from Lyles which included game and highlight film. Cal was billed $5,000 by Lyles for the Complete Scouting Services’ ”2010 National Package,” which was shipped on March 23, 2010. LSU gave $6,000 for the “2010 JUCO perState Package” — listed as recruiting tape from California and Kansas junior colleges — that was sent on Nov. 8, 2010.
Report: Cal received services of controversial scout - The Daily Californian

Clean program or not caught ?

I honestly do not believe there is one. No way a coach can keep up with 60-80 guys living alone for the 1st time, on what they are doing 24/7. The may not know, but sorry...I ain't buy it. They try to run it as clean as possible...but "squeaky" left decades ago...

Bookem.jpg

txteamqp0.jpg
txteamqp0.jpg

txteamqp0.jpg

i think in new big 10 Indiana northwestern and hopefully Minnesota are clean. i have to believe others like osu wisc mich are dirty. we know osu is now.
any team any good at football presumably cheats imho

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)