DVB S 4.2.2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have been told more than once that the Amiko Alien receivers can PVR 4:2:2 signals, but cannot play them in real time. I do not know how accurate that is, but it's something I would really like to know for sure - in particular, whether the Alien receivers will PVR the CBS 4:2:2 feeds reliably, with no jerkiness or other weirdness in the video.

(This may have been what Kraven was referring to when he said "PC Playback", since I don't think the Amiko Aliens can play recorded 4:2:2 signals either, but supposedly you can use the Alien to record the signals and then play the recordings on a PC).

I have been told more than once that the Amiko Alien receivers can PVR 4:2:2 signals, but cannot play them in real time. I do not know how accurate that is, but it's something I would really like to know for sure - in particular, whether the Alien receivers will PVR the CBS 4:2:2 feeds reliably, with no jerkiness or other weirdness in the video.

(This may have been what Kraven was referring to when he said "PC Playback", since I don't think the Amiko Aliens can play recorded 4:2:2 signals either, but supposedly you can use the Alien to record the signals and then play the recordings on a PC).

Don't quote me on this, but, if memory serves I believe I've read on here where ppl have done this with the Micro HD also?? Maybe someone "in the know" will confirm this.

I've done it with the uHD. I think any receiver with a PVR function should be able to record the stream, they just can't decode the video. Try recording it and playing it back with VLC on your PC, it should play the raw .ts file.

I agree, I think most if not all with pvr can record for pc playback. I know for sure the S9 can.

Almost anything can record 4:2:2 and playback later on a device with 4:2:2 codec. Alien & Alien2 do better, they can livestream to a laptop, HTPC or Android for real time playback. I can't get 89W CBS to test but another guy that wrote a how-to on doing this put up a pic of the webinterface doing it fine.

capture4cbs422.jpg

Built-in web server in the Alien STBs?
Would certainly dummy-proof the interface.. maybe I would even get it to work!
:)

I'm far from an expert on vlc, but since it will play my s9's ts files I'm guessing you are missing some codecs maybe.

77TA thanks for the link to the codecs.
I re-booted my laptop and VLC is now decoding TS and 4.2.2.
Media Player is still not recognizing TS but I'll stick with VLC.

VLC is what I use.

Almost anything can record 4:2:2 and playback later on a device with 4:2:2 codec. Alien & Alien2 do better, they can livestream to a laptop, HTPC or Android for real time playback. I can't get 89W CBS to test but another guy that wrote a how-to on doing this put up a pic of the webinterface doing it fine.

capture4cbs422.jpg

That's interesting. I wonder if the picture can be expanded to fullscreen? And also I wonder what else you can do through the webinterface?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts