dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
DVBWorld released new version drivers from the office website:
DVBWorld

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The software include DVBWorld all products:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
new4.gif
</EM>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009.06.19[/FONT]
[/FONT]
This software add support DVB-S2 playing HDTV(H.264/MPEG2&MPEG4) and playing SDTV. add Via satellite Internet Server function. and add DiSEqC1.2 exclusive function,add Vista32/64bit drivers .
Solved bugs:
1.DW2002,DW2004,DW2102X,DW2104X,change WDM drivers to BDA drivers.
for DW210XX device and DW2002/2004 device BDA drivers,we fixed the code to support
Russian DVB-T ip internet.
For DW210XX,DW2002X,DW2004X,DW2005,fixed the commitchange command to support multifrequency and auto select symbolrate unit(Sps or KSps).

a.Add DVB-S2 PCI-Express DW2005 support.
b.Add DVB-S2 USB Box support SP2636 and Sharp0169 tuner for DW2104X serial device, add Earda 4b47 S2 tuner for USB box 2104B,
add support Montage DVB-S2 chip tuner for DW2104D(USB)/DW2004D(PCI) device.
c.Add DVB-C USB Box DW3101 BDA drivers.
d.Add DVB-T USB Box DW2901 BDA drivers.

2.Load WDM device(USB first),then BDA device(USB first).
3.Fixed the BDA device driver and BDA plugins(for WDM device) to support NBC-QPSK and NBC-8PSK modulator types,with auto FEC search.
4.IR support for BDA device, includes TheatreMgr.exe.
5.Add MD plugins support for BDA devices.Update MDPilot.exe.
6.for DVB-S earda1547 tuner,fixed the bugs that can not support multi device on pc.
7.signed all drivers with wosign digital ID
8.Show Filter mac in Net device connection.pls test ip via satellite functions.
9.Inform the user when the device is usb1.1
10.It is ok to reinstall drivers when dvb world is already installed.
11.signal status interface issue on vista64

so i think the drivers maybe well support more the third party softwares!​
[/FONT]

I tried this new driver with my 2104 USB and noticed my Diseqc switch no longer functions in Dvbviewer and MyTheatre. I rolled back to the 1.2.0.1 driver version and all is well again.

What tuner and demodulator chip models & revisions are used in the latest DVB-Word USB and PCI-e Card receivers - very important for consumers question, never answered straight? It looks like the manufacturer is hiding this info, because some sat receiver chipsets were widely reported on the web not being able to lock S2 signals despite advertised as capable doing it, having also a host of other problems with high SR signals etc. And some very cheap $1 chipsets are obsolete, demanding more juice than most older or cheaper PC power supplies can deliver. In addition, some chipsets can't receive several popular in NA signal broadcast modes like DSS, DGII, 8psk turbo, etc., limiting sat cards usability.

DVBWorld and also current owners of latest versions of both products: let us know what exact tuner and demodulator chip models & revisions are used in them (list all chip models separately, not just mention the chipset model for each unit)?

Why pushing consumers to talk only about drivers - lets start talking a bit about the hardware used. Look at Newegg product reviews to understand, people are very interested to learn more about the hardware they buy. I'm interested to buy your card, but only if you tell, what chips you soldered on it and is going to ship me - I want no surprises when I get it. Its not a big secret anyway - the chip models are clearly visible on the card, as it has no case, so its not a "know how", and can not be concealed from end users even if you wanted to. But your buyers don't want to learn it the hard way. Thanks a lot for a straight and complete answer. :confused:

Last edited:
What tuner and demodulator chip models & revisions are used in the latest DVB-Word USB and PCI-e Card receivers - very important for consumers question, never answered straight? It looks like the manufacturer is hiding this info, because some sat receiver chipsets were widely reported on the web not being able to lock S2 signals despite advertised as capable doing it, having also a host of other problems with high SR signals etc. And some very cheap $1 chipsets are obsolete, demanding more juice than most older or cheaper PC power supplies can deliver. In addition, some chipsets can't receive several popular in NA signal broadcast modes like DSS, DGII, 8psk turbo, etc., limiting sat cards usability.

DVBWorld and also current owners of latest versions of both products: let us know what exact tuner and demodulator chip models & revisions are used in them (list all chip models separately, not just mention the chipset model for each unit)?

Why pushing consumers to talk only about drivers - lets start talking a bit about the hardware used. Look at Newegg product reviews to understand, people are very interested to learn more about the hardware they buy. I'm interested to buy your card, but only if you tell, what chips you soldered on it and is going to ship me - I want no surprises when I get it. Its not a big secret anyway - the chip models are clearly visible on the card, as it has no case, so its not a "know how", and can not be concealed from end users even if you wanted to. But your buyers don't want to learn it the hard way. Thanks a lot for a straight and complete answer. :confused:

about your question, now DVBWorld Company write here:

still now ,DVBWorld`s all DVB-S2 products of Tuner is Conexant solution.
RF is CX24118, Demodulators is CX24116.

1.PCI-DVB-S2 2004C( CX24116+CX24118, SP2633 of serit)
2.USB-DVB-S2 2104 C( SP2633 of serit)
3.USB-DVB-S2 CA&CI 2104 C ( SP2633 of serit)
4.PCI-E DVB-S2 2005 (CX24116+CX24118)

but now or in future ,we will use other company DVB-S2 Tuner solution.

for example: ST ,montage ,availink...
ST0903, montage dS3000 ,AVL2108

1.PCI-DVB-S2 2004D( STB6100+ST0903, sharp0169), can provide samples!!
2.USB-DVB-S2 CA&CI 2104D (montage ts2020+dS3000) ,has stock ,so can provide samples!!
3.USB-DVB-S2 2104D( sharp0169 ,STB6100+ST0903) has stock ,so can provide samples!!
4.PCI-E dvb-s2 2006 ((montage ts2020+dS3000) release the products in Aug.

pls check our website release products SPEC later. thanks!!

Thanks DVBWorld!

Can you post receiver spec .pdfs or links to the specs of the chipset receivers you mentioned?

I found the following info on the web:

.name = "Montage Technology DS3000/TS2020",
.type = FE_QPSK,
.frequency_min = 950000,
.frequency_max = 2150000,
.frequency_stepsize = 1011, /* kHz for QPSK frontends */
.frequency_tolerance = 5000,
.symbol_rate_min = 1000000,
.symbol_rate_max = 45000000,
.caps = FE_CAN_INVERSION_AUTO |
FE_CAN_FEC_1_2 | FE_CAN_FEC_2_3 | FE_CAN_FEC_3_4 |
FE_CAN_FEC_4_5 | FE_CAN_FEC_5_6 | FE_CAN_FEC_6_7 |
FE_CAN_FEC_7_8 | FE_CAN_FEC_AUTO |
FE_CAN_2G_MODULATION |
FE_CAN_QPSK | FE_CAN_RECOVER

Any plans on using Broadcom chipsets like BCM4505 or similar as an option? Genpix Skywalker products are known to use Broadcom chipsets offering broader modulations choice, commonly used in NA. Most CN made sat receiver Upgrade Boards use similar in feature and modulation choice chipsets (possibly cheaper clones made by a CN, HK or TW chipset manufacturer).

Last edited:
Any plans on using Broadcom chipsets like BCM4505 or similar as an option? Genpix Skywalker products are known to use Broadcom chipsets offering broader modulations choice, commonly used in NA. Most CN made sat receiver Upgrade Boards use similar in feature and modulation choice chipsets (possibly cheaper clones made by a CN, HK or TW chipset manufacturer).

It appears to me that the Genpix uses the BCM4500 which doesn't support DVB-S2. It does support DVB-S/DSS/DCII and Turbo 8PSK. The BCM4505 supports DVB-S/DVB-S2 and Turbo 8PSK.

I think the Conexant parts have much better driver support for Windows & Linux. I don't think Turbo 8PSK support is a big win. At least not big enough to give up driver support. :)

Well, there're numerous reports about CX chips problems with DVB-S2 and 8 psk locking, high bit rates, and high demand for clean power from a PC Power Supply to avoid missing signals. I don't really want to go into that, especially keeping in mind, DVBWorld plans to use much better STMicroelectronics chipset. I can't find good reports about Serit, and any info at all about CN designed Montage chipset. Offering Broadcom chipset as an option would give a better path for the company to US market in a long run, as this might be the very best chipset on the market today. But it might be uneasy path to go from expertise and economy prospective, since all Sat PC Card makers target "world market", considering NA as a minor add on. Once they consider it that way - it works exactly that way for them, and they leave. This is despite Echo* receivers equipped with Broadcom chipsets are extremely popular in Europe. It is not only (if at all) about extra modulation choices. This whole stuff will work as expected only if the cards are expertly hardware designed with clean stable power to every chip, quality caps, and good drivers. It requires a lot of work of a highly qualified large enough team.

Last edited:
I haven't tried to lock DVB-S2 above 30000 SRs on my DVB World tuners (USB - 2104), so I can't say how well they would work. On the other hand I haven't come across a case where I could have even tried. Higher DVB-S2 rates may be more common elsewhere. I've had no problems locking any DVB-S2 signal I've found on them and am perfectly satisfied for the moment.

All the other non-DVB/DVB-S2 modulation types you mention are pretty much useless in North America because of encryption, and therefore of little value beyond possibly cataloging transponders. As gillham mentions, the driver support for CX is excellent and that means a lot to me on Linux.

I suppose the newer chipsets would be nice with their claimed improved NFs, but I doubt that would yield much better reception for me because I put a lot of effort in delivering a good SNR to the tuners to begin with. Other than that I would have to say ho-hum until I see a tangible benefit to newer chips.

As pricey as they're today, Sat PC Cards usually get even more expensive, since once you buy one of these and find, it can't cover all spectrum of your interests, you buy a 2-nd, and a 3-rd one, so total investment needed, including PC upgrade to accommodate them all and deliver clean high power to them via a high quality motherboard buses can get impressive. Even a higher challenge for many is diversity of software required, since each works better with a particular package. Still, if its all not enough, one needs to hook up a separate STB receiver just to move the motor or for some cards to merely switch btw LNBs. Not to mention a Blind Scan circuitry, which is considered a non-permitted luxury for most cards, throwing you back to an STB again. What I want to see is a finished single product that delivers at a level of quality, very good STB delivers, and level of usability, only a PC can deliver. Usability proves to be a serious issue with current card generation, because price and card maker qualifications are concrete blocks - and that's one of the reasons, PC cards are in so limited demand here - they gone all from NA market. Hope that will change.

Last edited:
I just bought the DVB World DVB-S2 USB box to use with DVBViewer. I'm Ku-band only and have tried to get the Florida Network, Louisiana Public Broadcasting and NBC, all without success. DVB-S channels come in fine. I was going to try the DVB World software but I can't find the channel scan function. Does anyone have any ideas that might help? Thanks.

I just bought the DVB World DVB-S2 USB box to use with DVBViewer. I'm Ku-band only and have tried to get the Florida Network, Louisiana Public Broadcasting and NBC, all without success. DVB-S channels come in fine. I was going to try the DVB World software but I can't find the channel scan function. Does anyone have any ideas that might help? Thanks.

DVBViewer works for me with this unit on S2. Did you download and install the latest drivers? On the Options->Hardware dislog box, I have only "Is DVB-S2 Device" and "Direct Tuning" checked on the lower left side.

In terms of the DVB World software, it can be a little messy, but once you have the satellite and transponder settings entered in the configuration dialog box, there is a "Lock TP" that will tell you whether the box has locked onto your parameters. Then press "Scan TP".

Thanks for the tips. I finally got a signal quality bar in the dvb world software but I'm not getting a picture. I should have any codecs required, so is there anything else I need to do? Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

Thanks for the tips. I finally got a signal quality bar in the dvb world software but I'm not getting a picture. I should have any codecs required, so is there anything else I need to do? Thanks again for pointing me in the right direction.

So the DVB World scans the transponder and finds channels? Is this with vanilla DVB, DVB-S2 or both? Can you record the transport stream and play it back through another app?

I got the DVB World software to scan regular DVB-S channels. For example, on AMC 1 at 103.0 I was able to get the Pentagon Channel. Video and audio were perfect. When I try to get NBC DVB-S2 by locking the transponder I get signal strength of 90% and quality of 55%. However I can't figure out how to get a picture or audio. I do not have the record option, that option is grayed out. I noticed that the video and audio PIDs were both 0, but I don't know what to put there and I don't know how to get the software to scan it in either.

I don't know why it's not finding the right PIDs. Perhaps you're not getting a good enough lock. Maybe the FEC/pilot are wrong. DVB-S2 puts a real premium on the receiving system.

I haven't looked at NBC in a while, but weren't those H.264? Codecs for H.264 are not as common and some are pretty finicky about what they will decode. I would go to Rick's forum on that as I generally don't spend much time with PC codecs.

I don't know why it's not finding the right PIDs. Perhaps you're not getting a good enough lock.

Bingo. I had a chance to work with it some more this afternoon, adjusting my dish up / down and left / right. I had been hesitant to do this because I was getting most everything I wanted but it did boost the signal a bit and now I can get NBC! :)

Thanks for the help!

Edit: I adjusted the skew a fair amount too

Last edited:
DVBWorld New solution products

DVBWorld DVB-S2 PCI2004D model is very popular DVB-S2 Card,RF Tuner is TS2020,Demodulator is DS3000,it works very cool ,add auto FEC and more 45M high symbol rate to scan DVB-S2 signal , so it is excellent integrated DVB-S2 Tuner solution of Montage Company.
Enjoy Wonderful Digital Living use DVBWorld!

PCI%202004D.jpg

DVBWorldDTV DVB-S2 PCIE2006

DVBWorldDTV DVB-S2 PCIE2006
DVBWorld new DVB-S2 PCI-E CA&CI solution TV card is released,it is DW2006, RF Tuner is TS2020,Demodulator is DS3000,it works very cool ,add auto FEC and more 45M high symbol rate to scan DVB-S2 signal , so it is excellent integrated DVB-S2 Tuner solution of Montage Company.PCI-Express chip is SMI-2032CBE.
DW2006 work windows media center,and linux OSX
PCI%202006.jpg

DVBworld,

Are there any plans to support Turbo-FEC in the near future on any of your cards?

Regards

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)