dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Guess I should have been more specific. I read back through the thread and notice you are using the 2104 Trinity13, I am having most of my problems with the 2004 pci Dvbworld card. I have both the 2004 and 2104 cards. The 2104 still functions with the new drivers but I have lost the ability to move my dish with it, no more diseqc1.2 to move my actuator. I'm back to an older driver (with the 2104)that works so will wait for the next improvement. The 2004 pci is getting a rest for now.:)

What are chips in DVB-S2 USB 2104... are they the same?

I don't know what chip is in the Dvbworld cards except for what Dvbworld has said about the new 2005pci model. Maybe if he reads this he can give a rundown on chips for the other dvbworld models?
BTW, I got an email this week from Dvbworld asking for particulars about my problem outlined above with the 2004pci card. They said they would look into it. Its nice to see they are responsive to their product users.:)

Guess I should have been more specific. I read back through the thread and notice you are using the 2104 Trinity13, I am having most of my problems with the 2004 pci Dvbworld card. I have both the 2004 and 2104 cards. The 2104 still functions with the new drivers but I have lost the ability to move my dish with it, no more diseqc1.2 to move my actuator. I'm back to an older driver (with the 2104)that works so will wait for the next improvement. The 2004 pci is getting a rest for now.:)

Tried the 2102 (USB, DVB-S, not S2), it was not recognized by the latest DVBWorld version (3).

That is great news!! Thanks.

Also, where can I buy the PCIe version of the card DW2005? What CX chip does it use?

I still haven't seen anything definate on where to buy the DW2005, or how much it will cost. Is this too early in the process?

Also, I see that the DW2004 is supported by kernel 2.6.28 (which I am running now). Does this support apply to the 2005 as well, or should we expect support by 2.6.29? Thanks.

I still haven't seen anything definate on where to buy the DW2005, or how much it will cost. Is this too early in the process?

Email the company. They sold my USB devices direct.

Also, I see that the DW2004 is supported by kernel 2.6.28 (which I am running now). Does this support apply to the 2005 as well, or should we expect support by 2.6.29? Thanks.

I'm not sure I believe it, but the company's website indicates a working Linux driver is available for the 2005. Following their link didn't inspire me.

Email the company. They sold my USB devices direct.

I'm not sure I believe it, but the company's website indicates a working Linux driver is available for the 2005. Following their link didn't inspire me.
link: DVBWorld
Linux Driver DVBWorld 2002, 2004, 2102, 2104, TeVii S600, S650, S400, S420, S460, Axess DM05, EasyTV DM05, DM713S, Dexatek USB 5702, Terratec Cinergy S USB Mac.
s2-liplianin: Summary
i download the newest s2-liplianin file. and make & make install .
of course copy dvb-fe-cx24116.fw /lib/firmware/
then
peter@ubuntu:~$ lspci
02:00.0 Multimedia video controller: Conexant Systems, Inc. CX23885 PCI Video and Audio Decoder (rev 04)
03:00.0 Ethernet controller: Marvell Technology Group Ltd. 88E8056 PCI-E Gigabit Ethernet Controller (rev 14)
peter@ubuntu:~$ lsmod | grep dvb
videobuf_dvb 15236 1 cx23885
dvb_core 94208 1 videobuf_dvb
videobuf_core 26372 3 cx23885,videobuf_dma_sg,videobuf_dvb
peter@ubuntu:~$ kaffeine
kbuildsycoca running...
/dev/dvb/adapter0/frontend0 : opened ( Conexant CX24116/CX24118 )
DVB plugin loaded
.0 EPG plugins loaded for device 0:0.
Loaded epg data : 0 events (1 msecs)
Launched ok, pid = 6317
peter@ubuntu:~$ Tuning to: ???? / autocount: 0
DvbCam::probe(): /dev/dvb/adapter0/ca0: : ????????
Using DVB device 0:0 "Conexant CX24116/CX24118"
tuning DVB-S to 12537000 v 41250000
inv:2 fecH:9
DiSEqC: switch pos 0, 13V, hiband (index 2)
DiSEqC: e0 10 38 f1 00 00
. LOCKED.
NOUT: 1
dvbEvents 0:0 started
Tuning delay: 1071 ms
pipe opened
xine pipe opened /home/peter/.kaxtv.ts

Attachments

• cctv9 - Kaffeine .png
    cctv9 - Kaffeine .png
    112.2 KB · Views: 389
  • Screenshot-??.png
    Screenshot-??.png
    12.3 KB · Views: 395
Last edited:
There is a new Dvbviewer Pro Beta V4.0.1.35 out and the Dvbworld 2004PCI is now well supported. I've tried it and Diseqc switching and dish movement with Diseqc1.2 works well.

New drivers on the Dvbworld site
I tried this version.
Diseqc1.2 positioner doesn't work in DVBWorld. Whenever it needs to turn a dish a error pops up "Can not reach this satellite" even though latitude and longitude are set correctly (it worked in DVBWorld2). In fact, no mater what latitude and longitude it brings the above mentioned error and doesn't turn the dish.

In DVBDream, when set to use BDA interface, it tunes to some channels, gets a lock and shows the picture (e.g. BBC News on Astra 28.2, 11954H) but doesn't to others (e.g. on the same satellite Channel 4 at 10714H). Positioner doesn't work with BDA either. When set to use DVBWorld (WDM), Diseqc1.2 positioner works and it gets a lock but apparently doesn't get any data and so doesn't show anything.

Had to rollback to DVBWorld v2 and old drivers, but DVB-S2 doesn't work in this case with DVBDream.

I tried this version.
Diseqc1.2 positioner doesn't work in DVBWorld. Whenever it needs to turn a dish a error pops up "Can not reach this satellite" even though latitude and longitude are set correctly (it worked in DVBWorld2). In fact, no mater what latitude and longitude it brings the above mentioned error and doesn't turn the dish.

In DVBDream, when set to use BDA interface, it tunes to some channels, gets a lock and shows the picture (e.g. BBC News on Astra 28.2, 11954H) but doesn't to others (e.g. on the same satellite Channel 4 at 10714H). Positioner doesn't work with BDA either. When set to use DVBWorld (WDM), Diseqc1.2 positioner works and it gets a lock but apparently doesn't get any data and so doesn't show anything.

Had to rollback to DVBWorld v2 and old drivers, but DVB-S2 doesn't work in this case with DVBDream.

there is DVBDream author wirted:

Hello all,

I have completed support for all DVBWorld DVB-S, DVB-S2, PCI and PCI -Express cards, and remote support too.

here is the latest BDA device interface for DVB Dream:
(to be put into dvbdream\devices folder)

http://www.dvbdream.org/files/bda_2009_04_05.rar

Please test and let me know for any problems.

I'll work on CI support later.
regards,

Rel
Ozgur Tastepe
www.dvbdream.org

I've been testing DVB Dream for about a day with the above mentioned new BDA device interface and the latest DVB World drivers for my 2104 USB box. This is the first time in quite awhile that I've had nearly full functionality other than using particular combinations of old software. I can again switch LNBs, lock transponders and see/hear video/audio.

My motivation was to try to get an uncommitted (8x1) DiSEqC switch working behind a committed (4x1) DiSEqC switch so I can have enough inputs to run my toroid. This new combination was the first time I've been able to pull this off, although I had to make a minor hack in the settings with a raw DiSEqC command. Previous versions did not seem to work.

I also tried a quick test of a DVB-S2 transponder that didn't lock, but I haven't had enough time to investigate this in any detail. It may be working fine.

In the past I was able to get DVB Dream and the 2104 to physically move dishes through USALS. However the internal calculations were very inaccurate and there wasn't any way to fix them. It's possible DiSEqc 1.2 commands will work, but I've never tried.

I tried the BDA interface with my Dvbworld 2004 PCI, I can lock and play Dvb-s2 signals with no problem but diseqc is a no go. Using raw diseqc commands, diseqc1.2 doesn't work, not sure if my switch will work, I haven't had enough time with it yet.

I tried the BDA interface with my Dvbworld 2004 PCI, I can lock and play Dvb-s2 signals with no problem but diseqc is a no go. Using raw diseqc commands, diseqc1.2 doesn't work, not sure if my switch will work, I haven't had enough time with it yet.

If diseqc1.2/USALS doesn't work I guess there is no point for me in testing DVB-S/DVB-S2 functionality.

I use the dvbworld DVB-S2 USB2104 device. The latest version of DVBWorld Software still work improperly, and can't contain very important function of the external plug-ins support (like vPlug, S2emu, ACamd)
I want to use the other software (like the DVBdream, ProgDVB) but the BDA driver can't work properly with 4x1 DiSEqC switch, the DiSEqC is invariably switching to port1 (even in DVBdream with latest driver from http://www.satelliteguys.us/1773310-post211.html ) .
Please, I'm ask you kindly, tell how to i can correctly tune the DVB-S2 USB2104 device for properly worling with 4x1 DiSEqC switch ?
P.S. Sorry for my awful English
Thanx.

Last edited:
I want to use the other software (like the DVBdream, ProgDVB) but the BDA driver can't work properly with 4x1 DiSEqC switch, the DiSEqC is invariably switching to port1 (even in DVBdream with latest driver from http://www.satelliteguys.us/1773310-post211.html ) .
Please, I'm ask you kindly, tell how to i can correctly tune the DVB-S2 USB2104 device for properly worling with 4x1 DiSEqC switch ?
P.S. Sorry for my awful English

I have DVBDream working with the 2104 USB device and the latest drivers. I installed the latest (2009.03.16) drivers from worldvb.com, used a fresh copy of DVBDream (v1.4i) and replaced the bda.dev file in the DVBDream Devices folder with the one extracted from bda_2009_04_05.rar shown in your link.

That was it. Afterwards I set DVBDream to use the BDA driver in Options->Device, pushed the "Start" button and closed the Device dialog box. Next I went to Options->DiSEqC and selected "1.0 or 2.0" for the switch type. After that I simply add satellites to the appropriate DiSEqC port in that dialog box, scan and I have no problems selecting ports on a DiSEqC 1.0 (committed) switch. I've also made this work with both DiSEqC 1.0 (committed) and DiSEqC 1.1 (uncommitted) switches at the same time, but that's a little more complicated.

PS: Your English is fine; good luck with DVBDream!

I have DVBDream working with the 2104 USB device and the latest drivers. I installed the latest (2009.03.16) drivers from worldvb.com, used a fresh copy of DVBDream (v1.4i) and replaced the bda.dev file in the DVBDream Devices folder with the one extracted from bda_2009_04_05.rar shown in your link.

That was it. Afterwards I set DVBDream to use the BDA driver in Options->Device, pushed the "Start" button and closed the Device dialog box. Next I went to Options->DiSEqC and selected "1.0 or 2.0" for the switch type. After that I simply add satellites to the appropriate DiSEqC port in that dialog box, scan and I have no problems selecting ports on a DiSEqC 1.0 (committed) switch.
I'm alredy made, as you described, but these work incorrectly:

I use the combine, as described below:
port1 - Sirius 4.8°E linear polarisation
port2 - Hotbird 13.0°E linear polarisation
port3 - Amos 4.0°E linear polarisation
port4 - Eutelsat Sesat 36.0°E circullar polarisation

Thus, on the Eutelsat can't find none of channel.
On other satelites can't detect none channels on some transponders (for example, very important for me on Hotbird sat. transponder 89=12597,V,27500,34,DVB-S), but some others channels on other transponders from this sat working perfectly.
In the original DVBworld software, the Hotbird's transponder 89=12597,V,27500,34,DVB-S detecting fine.

Thanx.

If diseqc1.2/USALS doesn't work I guess there is no point for me in testing DVB-S/DVB-S2 functionality.

I'm not sure which Dvbworld device you are using? I hooked up my 2104 usb and it works fine with the new bda.dev with Dvbdream..both positioner and switch. I use raw diSEQc commands for the positioner.

http://pvr.sichbo.ca/

author`s about SichboPVR:
SichboPVR is a hobby project that I built on weekends. I know nothing about satellites, but a bit about writing software.

A bit fed up with every DVB-S solution available right now, I wrote this for myself but I hope other people can use it to enjoy all the great true free-to-air Satellite TV programming out there.

Known working devices (as of v1.0.1.21):

Device(DVBWorld New!) Specific Name Drivers (BDA) DiSEqC Switch (Y) Motor (Y) Remote(Y)
USB 2104 DVB-S2 Tuner
PCI BDA DVB-S Tuner

System requirements:

• Windows XP SP1+ / 2003 Server† / Vista
  • At least 128mb Video Memory*
  • 512mb RAM
Prerequisites:

If the *.msi setup installation doesn't work, try the prerequisite links above.

Last edited:
How to I can update the transponders list in DvbWorld software ?
I select Cofiguration -> Scan Sat, then notice on the screen: “Upgraded all satellites information successfully”
After re-opening the configuration menu, I disclose, that the transponders list is invariable.
Desired satellites is: Sirius 4.8°E; Hotbird 13.0°E; Amos 4.0°E; Eutelsat Sesat 36.0°E
Please, assist to fix these mistake
WBRhttp://www.worlddvb.com/html/softdown.htm

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)