dvb world dvb-s2

Status
Please reply by conversation.
How to I can update the transponders list in DvbWorld software ?

The DVB World software is rather awkward. When I add a TP, I:

1. Click "Add TP"
2. Enter parameters on pop-up dialog box
3. Make sure the TP is selected in the configuration dialog box
4. Test by clicking "Lock TP"
5. Click "Apply" or the TP will be lost
6. Click "Scan TP" to scan

Deleting is similar. Make sure the one you want to delete is selected.

For what purposes assign the "Scan Sat" button?
WBR.

I've never used it so I can't say whether it works or not. Presumably it scans all the transponders for the selected satellite. In my experience the default database of satellites and transponders is often out-of-date, and of those that are correct, many are not FTA. I therefore only use "Scan TP" for the ones I enter or want. This saves a lot of scanning time. I much prefer using DVB Dream and DVB Viewer to the DVB World software, but all have shortcomings.

Played with the DVBDream BDA drivers to lock in a few DVB-S2 Ku channels (have yet to test any Diseqc, motor functions).

With my 80cm Fortec Star dish, I 'm able to lock in the Florida Knowledge Net/Channel on AMC3 (pic 1). But I've only been able to lock and tune into some feeds on AMC1 only once (and that was using the latest Mytheatre software, and even then none of the channels were stable/viewable.)

Is this due to the high SR? How much Signal and Quality is needed for DVB-S2 feeds with a high SR?
I'm contemplating on upgrading to a 120cm dish...the one Iceberg recently reviewed looks nice. :)

I also noticed that the DVBWorld device emits a pitched sound when trying to scan in the DVB-S2 feeds on AMC1-- is that normal?

Attachments

• dvbs2amc3ku.jpg
    dvbs2amc3ku.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 179
  • dvbs2amc1ku.jpg
    dvbs2amc1ku.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 160
Played with the DVBDream BDA drivers to lock in a few DVB-S2 Ku channels (have yet to test any Diseqc, motor functions).

Switch and DiSEqC1.2 motor function works well for me, I haven't tried USALS.

With my 80cm Fortec Star dish, I 'm able to lock in the Florida Knowledge Net/Channel on AMC3 (pic 1). But I've only been able to lock and tune into some feeds on AMC1 only once (and that was using the latest Mytheatre software, and even then none of the channels were stable/viewable.)
Is this due to the high SR? How much Signal and Quality is needed for DVB-S2 feeds with a high SR?

I don't think the SR on any of those transponders is over 30000? The Dvbworld will handle SR's over that so it shouldn't be a problem. Try giving your lnbf a twist each way and see if you can improve your signal on AMC 1. Some people need to do that as I'm told the ku side of that bird is a little different in skew. I've never really had that problem here but its something you could try.

I also noticed that the DVBWorld device emits a pitched sound when trying to scan in the DVB-S2 feeds on AMC1-- is that normal?

Mine does that too, I took the case off and ran it that way and no more high pitched sound, also, I found if I squeezed the case while tuning a dvb-s2 signal I could make it stop. Kind of weird but nice to know its not just my box.:)

I use the device of DVBWorld USB 2104 DVB-S2 Tuner
A following problem appears during a long time, with all versions of device drivers and all versions of software both as DvbWorld, as the others (like the ProgDvb, DvbDream, DVBViewer)

I use the combination, which is described below:
DiSEqC A - Sirius 4.8°E linear polarization
DiSEqC B - Hotbird 13.0°E linear polarization
DiSEqC C - Amos 4.0°E linear polarization
DiSEqC D - Eutelsat Sesat W4 36.0°E circular polarization

To simplify this problem described is on the vivid satellite example Eutelsat Sesat W4 36.0°E circular polarization.
This problem appears both while switching on via DiSEqC switch and directly to the satellite converter, as shown on the table:
DvbDream on
Eutelsat W4
DvbWorld
Eutelsat W4

DvbWorld software successfully finds only few broadcasting transponders, numbers of which are shown above (for example, all channels on transponder 12173 of sat. Eutelsat W4) and nothing more.
The other software (DvbDream) finds different transponders of this satellite (for example, channels on transponder 12073 of sat Eutelsat W4)

A full active transponders list of satellite (Eutelsat Sesat W4 36.0°E) is much longer.
I suppose, this mistake is in the device driver.

A following problem appears during a long time, with all versions of device drivers and all versions of software both as DvbWorld, as the others (like the ProgDvb, DvbDream, DVBViewer)

To simplify this problem described is on the vivid satellite example Eutelsat Sesat W4 36.0°E circular polarization.
This problem appears both while switching on via DiSEqC switch and directly to the satellite converter, as shown on the table:
DvbDream on
Eutelsat W4
DvbWorld
Eutelsat W4

DvbWorld software successfully finds only few broadcasting transponders, numbers of which are shown above (for example, all channels on transponder 12173 of sat. Eutelsat W4) and nothing more.
The other software (DvbDream) finds different transponders of this satellite (for example, channels on transponder 12073 of sat Eutelsat W4)

A full active transponders list of satellite (Eutelsat Sesat W4 36.0°E) is much longer.

now u maybe open DVBWorld software , pls sat config--update sat,(wait... u can see " upgraded all satellites information successfully, pls open setup-propery page again" , maybe u can secan all transponders .

DvbDream on
Eutelsat W4
DvbWorld
Eutelsat W4

now u maybe open DVBWorld software , pls sat config--update sat,(wait... u can see " upgraded all satellites information successfully, pls open setup-propery page again" , maybe u can scan all transponders .

Anyone knows, if DVBWorld DVB-S2 boxes and cards support 8psk-Turbo? What demodulator chip model they use? I've seen somewhere, Genpix Skywalker 2 uses Broadcom BCM4500 chip, same as in DN STBs. I see a couple of chips on its website picture - what are those?

How about 8psk boards for Sat Receivers like this one:
A-1 SONICVIEW 8PSK MODULE ADAPTER V2 for SonicView 8000 HD. Anyone bought one of those? Do they support 8psk-Turbo? Using what demodulator chip?

Last edited:
My understanding is those boards only get Turbo 8PSK and only work with hackware. Not a great investment if you just want the 4 ITC channels on 129°W.

My opinion would be to look into the Genpix Skywalker 1 since it covers a wider range of interesting modulations.

Does anyone know of a place that still sells the dvb world dvb-s2?

They sell a few different models, what one are you asking about? You can buy the pci, pci-e, and the usb models direct from Dvbworld in China. The only model I see for sale from NA dealers is the 2104 USB and it seems to have taken on the Digiwave name but I believe it is the same box. None of those dealers are in the US, seems to be quite a few in Canada. There is a guy selling the box on Ebay, again, he is in Canada.

now u maybe open DVBWorld software , pls sat config--update sat,(wait... u can see " upgraded all satellites information successfully, pls open setup-propery page again" , maybe u can scan all transponders .

Nothing has changed
1. The "update sat" still work improperly (sat list you can see on my previous post)
2. After rescanning (with correctly transponders list) all versions of software both as DvbWorld, as the DvbDream still find same transponders, that described on my prev. post

Anyone tried the new card DVBWorldDTV DVB-S2 PCIE2005 ? Are Windows drivers available for it? What tuner and demodulator chips it uses? Any dealers for this card?

What are the reasons, DVBWorld doesn't have any dealers in the US? How they provide warranty? What carrier they use to ship direct orders from China?

What is the best software to use with this usb S2 unit?

Yeah, Great Question.

After banging my head by using the DVB World software, I am trying other stuff.

TS Reader - I like it, but the non-crippled version is sort of pricey. All of that technical info is interesting, but what I want mostly is to read the FEC info.

DVB Dream - Installed it, but the interface is strange. I don't care that when you hover the pointer over the buttons, it doesn't tell you what the buttons do. Haven't gotten it to work yet. The TP scan seems to see signal and Quality, but a TP scan yields nothing

Prog DVB - If it works well, $35 is a little more reasonable. Installed this one. Didn't get it working with native DVB World drivers. Again, The TP scan seems to see signal and Quality, but a TP scan yields nothing. The BDA drivers work sort of. on the right side of the screen, there is a green vertical line. Then the left third of the screen displays again. No sound...

Ideas?

Attachments

• azteca7.jpg
    azteca7.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 144
Last edited:
The Dvbworld uses bda drivers so it won't work with Tsreader. I've used the usb box with dvbdream, progdvb, mytheatre and a few others but I like Dvbviewer the most. It is around $20 and if you buy it you can get Transedit along with it for no charge, it is similar to Tsreader in that it has a stream analyzer feature.

Yes, I've seen the dvbworld modules in Tsreader but as you know, not for the newer dvb-s2 models. I don't think there is any trial version of Dvbviewer, I've never seen one. 15 Euro is quite cheap for a quality piece of software.

DVBWorld released new version drivers from the office website:
DVBWorld

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]The software include DVBWorld all products:[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
new4.gif
</EM>[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif] ?[/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]2009.06.19[/FONT]
[/FONT]
This software add support DVB-S2 playing HDTV(H.264/MPEG2&MPEG4) and playing SDTV. add Via satellite Internet Server function. and add DiSEqC1.2 exclusive function,add Vista32/64bit drivers .
Solved bugs:
1.DW2002,DW2004,DW2102X,DW2104X,change WDM drivers to BDA drivers.
for DW210XX device and DW2002/2004 device BDA drivers,we fixed the code to support
Russian DVB-T ip internet.
For DW210XX,DW2002X,DW2004X,DW2005,fixed the commitchange command to support multifrequency and auto select symbolrate unit(Sps or KSps).

a.Add DVB-S2 PCI-Express DW2005 support.
b.Add DVB-S2 USB Box support SP2636 and Sharp0169 tuner for DW2104X serial device, add Earda 4b47 S2 tuner for USB box 2104B,
add support Montage DVB-S2 chip tuner for DW2104D(USB)/DW2004D(PCI) device.
c.Add DVB-C USB Box DW3101 BDA drivers.
d.Add DVB-T USB Box DW2901 BDA drivers.

2.Load WDM device(USB first),then BDA device(USB first).
3.Fixed the BDA device driver and BDA plugins(for WDM device) to support NBC-QPSK and NBC-8PSK modulator types,with auto FEC search.
4.IR support for BDA device, includes TheatreMgr.exe.
5.Add MD plugins support for BDA devices.Update MDPilot.exe.
6.for DVB-S earda1547 tuner,fixed the bugs that can not support multi device on pc.
7.signed all drivers with wosign digital ID
8.Show Filter mac in Net device connection.pls test ip via satellite functions.
9.Inform the user when the device is usb1.1
10.It is ok to reinstall drivers when dvb world is already installed.
11.signal status interface issue on vista64

so i think the drivers maybe well support more the third party softwares!​
[/FONT]

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts