dvb world dvb-s2

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.
I have the disadvantage that im away from home alot, so I do alot of my fta stuff remotely. my dreambox has a web interface that lets me use the ird remotely, even control the motor if I want to. I also use my skywalker-1 alot from remote access in windows, comes in handy. unfortunatly I dont have anything that does blindscan that I can use remotely. My fortec mercury II is on a video capture card, but using that remote is a bugger. I think a slingbox would make it easier. but what Id really rather have is a usb blindscan tuner !

I dont have anything that does blindscan that I can use remotely. My fortec mercury II is on a video capture card, but using that remote is a bugger. I think a slingbox would make it easier. but what Id really rather have is a usb blindscan tuner !

I don't want to derail this thread, but commercially available hardware to do this exists (for now the Prof 7500), and under 'laboratory' conditions with unreleased software, accomplishes what you desire. See the appropriate thread in this section for details. The new generation DVB World tuners may very well be capable of doing this, but there is no indication yet that anyone is working on implementing this function.

thankyou, im reading all 12 pages now :)

linux doesnt scare me none, hell Id much prefer it over windows. Now osx Id prefer the most but its not suited for dvb :( all the cool stuff is in linux or windows.

that said if it wasnt for tsreader I wouldnt even mention windows. you reading this rod ? make us a linux version hint hint hehe :) I know wishfull thinking lol

updatelee

Rod doesn't hear you, never did. ;) What's important here is to offer end users broader solutions choice via competition. So far we haven't seen any of these shown to work, but with that level of user interest we certainly will. In fact, we don't know if DVB World already has any progress in supporting Blind Scan in his card products.

I don't want to derail this thread, but commercially available hardware to do this exists (for now the Prof 7500), and under 'laboratory' conditions with unreleased software, accomplishes what you desire. See the appropriate thread in this section for details. The new generation DVB World tuners may very well be capable of doing this, but there is no indication yet that anyone is working on implementing this function.

in fact, DVBWorld New hardware solution ( pci-e2006pci2004d/usb2104d)all support blindscan, but the software no support the function.
of course, we can add blindscan to our software, but now we are developing CI , when we release the CI model, we will start to add blindscan function,pls attention DVBWorld company,thanks!!

in fact, DVBWorld New hardware solution ( pci-e2006pci2004d/usb2104d)all support blindscan, but the software no support the function.
of course, we can add blindscan to our software, but now we are developing CI , when we release the CI model, we will start to add blindscan function,pls attention DVBWorld company,thanks!!

This is indeed good news, but now I have to order another device...damn:)

24 hours with the 2006... no mutiple tuners in windows (v3.0 drivers) and no channels found after building the linux driver with proper firmware. scan-s2 locks but i see tons of ds3000 reg errors under mythbuntu and no lock with windows with a nova-s in the same pc. also it seems the onboard molex connector provides lnb power. the driver installs without it connected but it wont output power until it is (i like this). i wish i had time to rip into the driver source but way to much stuff going on in my real life. haha.

crackt out,.

About Blindscan - it is possible even now, without software support. It can be done by TransEdit application - a part of DVBViewer bundle. I tried it and it works It can find channel without correct SR data.

Unfortunately in fact there is no possibility to check what SR it is after scanning, because DVBWorld card get lock with any SR. There is no way to get information from demod what is correct SR value.

There is no way to get information from demod what is correct SR value.
May I ask you, what DVBWorld card model do you use, with what demod model, and how would you possibly know if there is a way to obtain a locked channel SR from that particular demod? Just because current TransEdit version can't do it? :)

DVBWorld with Motage demod (model: PCI 2004D)

Why? Because it is just not implemented in drivers. Even if TransEdit could do that - it would be not able now. That's why dvbworld said that it is not supported now, because it is really not supported by drivers. Anyway works (like I said - with limited functionality - cannot get correct technical parameters).

Also there is another thing. Montage demod is not able to lock whole 1-45 Ms/s at once (when trying to check one frequency with only one lock approach). Read this:

Partial software blindscan on PC with TeVii - CiNcH's DVB & HTPC Blog

It is for TeVii, but with the same demod and I confirmed this also for DVB World. Need to lock same frequency with same polarisation for few times with 3-4 SR values to cover whole 1-45 Ms/s.

PS: Blind Scan by DVBWord is extremely precise, find anything, so hope that drivers & software part for blind scan will be ready soon :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the link. Factual tests are always interesting to read. I think the only conclusion to be made is we better wait for professional implementation of Montage demod hardware blindscan functions in new DVBWorld drivers, done using a full set of the demod's blindscan related commands available only to the card manufacturer. ;) That's why such 3-d party software tests are at large irrelevant, as the TransEdit developer had no access to a complete list of Montage instructions set, and neither they're implemented in current DVBWorld drivers as you mentioned.

Last edited:
POL, do you have any experience with Linux, the source code to the Linux driver or firmware (I don't know if the firmware file is the same thing as a driver in Linux or if they are different) is available and if someone can figure out how to use it we might be able to get a lot more information, I am trying to but I am having issues.

I also posted about the "Partial blind scan" a while back. The values I have posted there were mainly for DVB-S, I have noticed that for DVB-S2 that it will lock a wider range.

Unfortunately it does not look like there is much we can do (Unless we can figure how to get Linux to work) other than wait for DVBWorld to release a Windows blind scan.

Generally this would be a good idea to look at Linux drivers, but I don't think 3-d party Linux drivers for DVBWorld cards support Montage blindscan instructions at the moment. I agree, we should wait, unless DVBWorld would make a "blindscan" move towards Linux drivers before they do it in Windows. :)

does anyone have the pcie2006 working under linux ? i havent had time to devote to it yet other than building the driver and finding out that it doesnt work.

crackt out,.

blindscan function will release

all :

DVBWorld company will release the new SW (PCI2004d/PCIE2006/USB2104D devices) to support bliandscan in this week. if all have the devices, it is a good function to search satellite TPS.

BR
DVBWorld:angel:

all :

DVBWorld company will release the new SW (PCI2004d/PCIE2006/USB2104D devices) to support bliandscan in this week. if all have the devices, it is a good function to search satellite TPS.

BR

Way to go Peter!!:up Linux or Windows? Are any dvb software applications working to use this new capability?

all :

BR
Sounds great.Will you ever fix
the 4 gigabytes limit per recorded file. with your dvb software.
it is really archaic.If anyone has the software that comes with
dvbworld boxes.It breaks all the files into 4 gigs files instead of one big file.
i think this could be easily fixed.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts