DVBWorld 2104D USB Double Scanning Frequencies

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Babadem

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
May 21, 2007
MA
I finally got around to install my 2104D USB receiver. When I scan a satellite, it scans in both the H & V side of the same frequency. What am I missing here?:confused:

Attachments

• DVBWorld Double Scan.jpg
    DVBWorld Double Scan.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 364
Are you using a different receiver to control the polarity?

If so then you have to tell the DVBWorld receiver to only scan one polarity.

Attachments

• 1.JPG
    1.JPG
    63.3 KB · Views: 188
Are you using a different receiver to control the polarity?

If so then you have to tell the DVBWorld receiver to only scan one polarity.

No, qwert1515. But after some trial and error it began to scan normally. I have 2 Dishes (both Dual ouput Linear LNB KU) connected to a 4X1 switch with 97.0W° on input 1 and 105.0°W on input 2. The output from the 4X1 then feeds into 22Khz switch on the "0" while the Motorized output on a (Universal KU dual output) goes to the 22KHz side (I move the Dish using Coolsat 5K) and the output go to the DVBWorld USB 2104D.

How can I edit the satellite configuration on the 2104D? After, I scan in channels, the satellite configuration parameters are grayed out. I should be able to change L.O. frequency and port settings on demand after I scan a Sat.:(

How can I edit the satellite configuration on the 2104D? After, I scan in channels, the satellite configuration parameters are grayed out. I should be able to change L.O. frequency and port settings on demand after I scan a Sat.:(

What I do (with a 2104C) is scan a transponder with no signal, the scan window closes on its own, reopen it, and then I'm able to access the sat config parameters again.

What I do (with a 2104C) is scan a transponder with no signal, the scan window closes on its own, reopen it, and then I'm able to access the sat config parameters again.
I will try your suggestion when I get home. Thanks!:)

I now have a new problem. For some unexplained reason my Linear Sats are not displaying, but the Universal KU are showing fine. The Linear Ku channels scan in fine, but when I choose a channel the Quality and signal meter go from Green to RED!!!:( I have checked the switch. Used the same cable that I used with the 2104D on my AZbox & Coolsat 5K and all channels work fine. This same setup worked last night on the 2104D!!!:mad: See my first post. I have tried everything, but only the Universal from my motorized gives me signal and quality.

Attachments

• DVBWorld No Quality.JPG
    DVBWorld No Quality.JPG
    45.7 KB · Views: 318
  • DVBWorld settings.JPG
    DVBWorld settings.JPG
    43.9 KB · Views: 334
You 'checked' the switch, but have you tried it without the switch?

Yes, I did.
.......but as I said the same switches all connected work fine with the AZBox & the Coolsat 5K, and as such should work with the DVDWorld USB 2104D. It should be noted, however that when connected without any switch it works, but I have more than one dish and will definitely like combine them with a switch while using the USB2104D device.

The fact that it works without any switch indicates the 2104D is working properly.
Using a computer card (USB one included) can be a crap shoot with switches, and using a bda driver just throws another wrench in the mix. And on top of that different software (the DVB program) is another factor (some work/do a better job with switches than others).
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions on how to make it work with your hardware.

The fact that it works without any switch indicates the 2104D is working properly.
Using a computer card (USB one included) can be a crap shoot with switches, and using a bda driver just throws another wrench in the mix. And on top of that different software (the DVB program) is another factor (some work/do a better job with switches than others).
Sorry, I don't have any suggestions on how to make it work with your hardware.

Do you know what other DVB program can be used with DVB USB 2104D? I followed this link posted by a member gxsr750 here, but I can't make sense of what they saying over there. I read BDA driver and switches, but can't quite make complete sense of everything.

Last edited:
Any BDA compatible program should work (but it will not have blind scan):

Any of the programs that list DVB-S or Satellite on this page should work: DigitalTV/DVB/HDTV

The altbda2 plugin you found is for ALTDVB and it is listed on that page.

Any BDA compatible program should work (but it will not have blind scan):

Any of the programs that list DVB-S or Satellite on this page should work: DigitalTV/DVB/HDTV

The altbda2 plugin you found is for ALTDVB and it is listed on that page.
@ the highlighted:
Forgive my lack of knowledge in this aspect, will that work with DVB USB 2104D? BTW, Thanks for the link!!!:D

Edit:
qwert, based on your experience which on those programs is better? Are you using any switches with your USB 2104D and if so did you experience any issue?

Last edited:
All the satellite/DVB-S programs should work with the 2104D, I quickly tried ALT-DVB and I could not get it to work, also the interface is complicated.

I use the DVBWorld program and TsCapture (Limited to 2 gigabytes and it captures the whole stream).

Depending on what I want to do I would use DVB Dream (The old free version) and the free version of ProgDVB.

EDIT: I use one of my SD receiver to control the motor / switch. (The 2104D does not have a loop out so it would make my setup more difficult)

I tried the 2104D directly to my switch and like you said the DVBWorld software has issues with different LO Frequencies. (No signal if I switch between C-Band and Ku-Band)
I tried DVB Dream and I did not have any problems with the switch, but remember DVB Dream is no longer free and it does not have the blind scan feature. (You can find the old free version on many sites if you look for it)

Last edited:
All the satellite/DVB-S programs should work with the 2104D, I quickly tried ALT-DVB and I could not get it to work, also the interface is complicated.

I use the DVBWorld program and TsCapture (Limited to 2 gigabytes and it captures the whole stream).

Depending on what I want to do I would use DVB Dream (The old free version) and the free version of ProgDVB.

EDIT: I use one of my SD receiver to control the motor / switch. (The 2104D does not have a loop out so it would make my setup more difficult)

I tried the 2104D directly to my switch and like you said the DVBWorld software has issues with different LO Frequencies. (No signal if I switch between C-Band and Ku-Band)
I tried DVB Dream and I did not have any problems with the switch, but remember DVB Dream is no longer free and it does not have the blind scan feature. (You can find the old free version on many sites if you look for it)
@ the highlighted:

Phew!!! :DThanks, for taking time to duplicate the issue, at least now I know the issue is not a phantom of my imagination. I think DVBworld should be notified of this switching problem. I will look for the free versions of DVB Dream and ProgDVB. One more question. Do I have to uninstall the program that came with 2104D in order to install any of DVB Dream or ProgDVb program, or they can all coexist? Thanks, again qwert!!!!:up

Last edited:
All the programs can be installed at the same time, but they can not be run at the same time.
You will want to keep the program that came with the 2104D as you will use it when you want to blind scan.

This thread got me thinking...I have a sathawk pvr800 and a 2140D USB...I like the blind scan and the motor moving of the sathawk fine, it just doesn't play 4:2:2.

I can connect this USB receiver to the loop out of the sathawk and use it like that? slighly confused, not at my unit right now, just thinking...

Hey QWERT, are you using your 2104D with WinXp pro, and what service pack is installed on your PC? For some reason the DVB dream (free version) didn't work for me even when connected directly to the dish without any switches. I kept getting errors.:confused: The ProgDVB worked without swiches and as a loopout, but never worked with a switch connected.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts