DVBWorld 2104D USB Double Scanning Frequencies

Status
Please reply by conversation.
What kind of errors did you get with DVBDream?

I am currently using Windows XP Pro SP2.

(I know that SP2 support ended yesterday :() I am using it because I was trying to troubleshoot an issue where all my tuner cards would start to pixelate after a random period of time and I only noticed it after upgrading to SP3 a few months ago.

I finally narrowed it down to the onboard firewire port, after disabling it in the BIOS I have not had that issue.

What kind of errors did you get with DVBDream?

I am currently using Windows XP Pro SP2.

(I know that SP2 support ended yesterday :() I am using it because I was trying to troubleshoot an issue where all my tuner cards would start to pixelate after a random period of time and I only noticed it after upgrading to SP3 a few months ago.

I finally narrowed it down to the onboard firewire port, after disabling it in the BIOS I have not had that issue.

I downloaded my Free DVB dream from DVBdream previous version section of their website. I got a host of errors on a page (which made no sense to me. Sorry I don't remember any Error sentence(s) displayed) when I tried to scan for channel, and there was no quality nor signal during this test. I"m using Win XP pro SP3. I may have to rollback to SP2 to see if things will be different. On second thought, I may just reformat the entire system and reinstall WinXp Pro SP2.

Here's what I discovered last night. For the heck of it I rolled back from WinXP SP 3 to SP2, not that it mattered. I noticed that when I had the switch (4X1 only) in the mix the 2104D wouldn't display any quality after scanning in a second satellite (with the 4X1 and 22Khz switch in the mix no signal at all). Then it occurred to me to look at the S&Q readings from the Coosat 5000K setup, while the second dual LNB output was connected to the 2104D. To my surprise MACY's TV signal on 105.0W° on Port 2 had become erratic, going from Red to barely green. I then changed the port # to 3, 4 & 1 and they all showed very good quality. Even 97.0°W which was on port one on the switch was over ridden by the signal from 105°W on port 2. Based on this observation, it would be safe to say the 2104D somehow, overloads all switch ports with signals from a chosen satellite.:( For users with multiple dishes combined by a switch or switches, I hope that DVBWorld would fix this switching problem. I really do not like the idea of looping out from my receiver to the 2104D. It really sucks in my opinion.

I really miss my dvb world box. We left it in the attic where we put our computers when we first moved in. When we moved the computers to the main floor we didn't put the window air conditioners in... the attic has no interior heating or cooling... so it got fried I think.... Not sure if the wierd English Plug was fried or the entire box itself... I sure miss that thing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)