Dvbworld Software with Blindscan Released

Status
Please reply by conversation.

starman345

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 25, 2004
New Brunswick, Canada
I don't have one of the Dvbworld blindscan capable devices but being a dvb card guy I would be very interested in hearing any comments about this new software.

The blindscan feature will only work with the: PCI 2004D, PCI-E 2006, USB 2104D DVB-S2 devices.

My initial thoughts: The blind scan feature works, the menus are not user friendly, the scan range defaults to 11700 - 12900 for a standard LNB, (you can change this, but you have to do it every time you blind scan)

EDIT: I am a bit confused what happens when you tell the device to scan only one polarity so I figure out what it is doing before I post about it.

Last edited:
How about the speed of the scan, how long does it take to scan a satellite H&V. Can you scan a whole satellite or does the software require you to only scan a set portion at a time? How about a low sr? anything showing up on the scans with an sr lower than 2000?

I have been trying to figure out how to time the speed of scan because I think that it scans each polarity three times (fast, medium, and slow) I think on the fast scan it was doing the scan with a 30 MHz step size, and then it scans with a smaller step size.

The lowest symbol rate transponders that I have scanned so far is 1830 for DVB-S and 2800 for DVB-S2.
The scan also accurately tells you if the signal is DVB-S or DVB-S2, the modulation and the FEC. :)

EDIT: The highest symbol rate transponder I have found so far was on C-Band: 31250 S2 QPSK 5/6

Last edited:
This is sounding interesting, does the software automatically log the new blind scanned channels to a channel list?, does it append an existing list? , does it give you choices to scan at different speeds or did you mean it scans three times whether you set it that way or not? It would be nice to be able to set the scan speed.
Can you select a symbol rate range or is it all or nothing? Sorry for all the questions, I'll probably order a pci-e version as I have a slot not used.

The blind scanned channels are added to the satellite list, categorized by transponder. It seems to scan each polarity three times (you can not change this).
You can not select a symbol rate range to scan, but you can select the frequency range to scan.

I have the DVBWorld USB 2104D.

Do you have a specific Ku band satellite that you would like me to blind scan and time?

Feel free to ask any questions. I am still learning how to use it.

EDIT: I am going to scan a few Ku band satellites and post the scan times.

Do you have a specific Ku band satellite that you would like me to blind scan and time?

Feel free to ask any questions. I am still learning how to use it.

EDIT: I am going to scan a few Ku band satellites and post the scan times.

How about AMC 6 Ku. I'm curious if the device will pick up KFTL 11890 SR 1666

How about AMC 6 Ku. I'm curious if the device will pick up KFTL 11890 SR 1666

It got it :)

I scanned 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku but I am not happy with the time it took (but I guess I have to remeber that this is a detailed scan and it is scanning DVB-S and S2), so I am going to scan a few more satellites before I post the scan times.

EDIT: By looking at the BLSA I think it is being slowed down by very strong narrow signals that would be too small to be locked by the tuner anyway.

I guess the other thing would be the high sr ones like on Galaxy 28 32000+

Edit: Forgot you are doing Ku only, I don't know if there are any high sr transonders on ku, anyone else know?

Here are a few scan times:

97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku (Try TPs, and scan programs)
Total TPs with valid signal: 23
Total TPs with valid programs: 21
Total valid programs: 387
TIME 7:48

97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku (Only try TPs, and not scan programs)
TIME 6:04

72.0°W AMC 6 Ku (Try TPs, and scan programs)
Total TPs with valid programs: 21
Total valid programs: 387
TIME 16:52

103.0°W AMC 1 Ku (Only Horizontal) (Try TPs, and scan programs)
Total TPs with valid signal: 19
Total TPs with valid programs: 16
Total valid programs: 18
TIME 7:49

On AMC 1 the device picked up all the feeds visible on my BLSA, my coolsat 6000 missed many.

EDIT: Hopefully someone else can scan 97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku (Since most of the transponders are constant) with the device and post their scan times.

Status
Please reply by conversation.