Dvbworld Software with Blindscan Released

Status
Please reply by conversation.
The frequencies match my BLSA and other receiver, the frequency is as accurate as your LNB is.

The symbol rates are also accurate and it is very nice that it displays the modulation and FEC, here are a few examples of scanned symbol rates versus the actual symbol rates.

Scanned Actual
1665 1666
3198 3200
3978 3978
4338 4340
4442 4444
8702 8700
14027 14028
16665 16666
29998 30000

I dunno what the heck im doing wrong but ive uninstalled twice, installed this "new" software and when I look at the "about" I still get version DVB World 3.1 B01 09-29-09

The name of the new software you downloaded and you are trying to install is:
"V2.0build02_20100512 DVB World"
Right?

yeah but when I try to install even though I supposedly uninstalled the previous version, installation program tells me the "drivers" already exist, so then I select "force to install drivers" and same old same old, when I open DVBWorld.exe, its the old version yet again.
This really is stomping me, either the driver pack i've installed is not the one for my model or I need to completely delete any old driver and files from the registry, even though I have uninstalled this thing like 5 times :mad:

When I go to the about page I see: DVB World 3.1 B01 9-30-2009

I just want to make sure that in the configuration menu when you click on "Scan Sat" you do not see the "Blind scan one satellite." option.

Do you have the DVB World receiver with the Conditional Access Module / Smartcard Reader ?

I would try uninstalling using the control panel (add remove programs), restart the computer and then try again.

yeah but when I try to install even though I supposedly uninstalled the previous version, installation program tells me the "drivers" already exist, so then I select "force to install drivers" and same old same old, when I open DVBWorld.exe, its the old version yet again.
This really is stomping me, either the driver pack i've installed is not the one for my model or I need to completely delete any old driver and files from the registry, even though I have uninstalled this thing like 5 times :mad:

you need to uninstall the drivers using device manager, uninstall the software with control panel, then reboot, then install the new software. works great. scan times seem to be 12 minutes or less for me. pretty thorough as well. thanks dvb world.

crackt out,.

you need to uninstall the drivers using device manager, uninstall the software with control panel, then reboot, then install the new software. works great. scan times seem to be 12 minutes or less for me. pretty thorough as well. thanks dvb world.

crackt out,.

tried that but when I open dvbworld and select "scan sat" in configuration, this image does not appear

jg34uw.jpg

if I click scan sat it just scans the preprogrammed tps like the previous version used to

I'll try this tomorrow cause Im frustrated beyond belief that this is not working

If you are getting the "09-29-09" I hope that you are having a software/driver problem (I hope you have the correct device, as your receipt shows that you did purchase the "D" version)

Here are pictures of the "C" version and the "D" version:

2104D (Blind Scan Version)

2104C

In the device manager can you re-install the driver. In the device manager right click on "Update Driver" - "Install from a specific location" - "Browse and select the driver in the unarchived folder (DVBS2104USBDriver)"

The "unarchived folder" is where you unRARed the RAR file to.

Then check if you have the blind scan function. If not then reboot, and reinstall the software.

:eek: :(

I would contact Sadoun about that.

EDIT: Do you remember how I have said that you can enter an approximate symbol rate and lock a transponder, were/are you able to do that?
Example for a transponder with a symbol rate around 30000 can you lock it by entering 20000 ?

Last edited:
It seems to scan each polarity three times (you can not change this).
You can not select a symbol rate range to scan, but you can select the frequency range to scan.

This seems odd to me, why would it scan several times, it wouldn't make sense to scan at a faster rate once you already scanned at a slower one, you would'n't pick up any more signals at a faster scan rate. Maybe it just scans three times at the same speed for thoroughness? The scan times are not impresssive, the skystar 2.3 I had would do blazing fast satellite scans, a matter of seconds not minutes, granted it was only dvb-s no s2 but still...

EDIT: Do you remember how I have said that you can enter an approximate symbol rate and lock a transponder, were/are you able to do that?
Example for a transponder with a symbol rate around 30000 can you lock it by entering 20000 ?

Nope I wasn't able to do it, to lock it had to be close to the real SR

This seems odd to me, why would it scan several times, it wouldn't make sense to scan at a faster rate once you already scanned at a slower one, you would'n't pick up any more signals at a faster scan rate. Maybe it just scans three times at the same speed for thoroughness? The scan times are not impresssive, the skystar 2.3 I had would do blazing fast satellite scans, a matter of seconds not minutes, granted it was only dvb-s no s2 but still...

It is odd, I am still trying to figure out what it is doing as the step size is different each scan.
I agree that the scan times are not impressive and I hope they can do something to speed them up.

While waiting for the blind scan function to be released I wrote one myself that uses my BLSA to find the signals
and then use the DVBWorld receiver to tune the signals to find out if they are DVB or DVB-S2

My Program:
97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku in 2:12
72.0°W AMC 6 Ku in 2:07

DVBWorld's blind scan:
97.0°W Galaxy 19 Ku in 6:04
72.0°W AMC 6 Ku in 16:52

(My program does not give the FEC or correct Symbol Rate, it gives an estimated symbol rate since I can not access that information,
it has to be done at the driver level, DVBWorld's blind scan does)

The demodulator in the DVBWorld receivers that support blind scanning is advertised with "Fast blind scan".
So I was hoping that DVBWorld's blind scan could scan a satellite it in about three minutes.

On the plus side this is the first computer tuner blind scan that supports DVB-S/S2.
It is very accurate and it also gives the FEC and modulation of blind scanned signals.

I have noticed that the receiver accurately detects if a signal is DVB-S or DVB-S2 and also the FEC value.
I have noticed that sometimes the modulation is detected incorrectly.
If you really want to know the modulation it is possible to calculated it with all the other known information.

The highest symbol rate that the blind scan has detected so far is: 32998 (33000) a data transponder.

Interesting stuff, I appreciate you posting these findings. I am wrestling over whether to order one of these or not, I have the Prof 7301 and the blind scan for that is progressing. Decisions, decisions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts