Dvbworld Software with Blindscan Released

Status
Please reply by conversation.
be sure it is indeed the 2104D version cause you don't wanna get screwed like I was (check page 4 of this thread for details)

Thanks! Will they be replacing the wrong unit with the right one?

That's why I spoke directly to the great Sadoun, and he personally took my order.

Last edited:
blindscan impressions

i got home from a quick trip the yesterday to find the latest drivers which offer fast blindscan. i got to put in a good session with the software lastnight and i must say for a second release, the software is pretty good. i scanned all cband from 139w to 72w. there wasnt a sat it didnt scan in less than 3 minutes. 2 minutes was actually about the average time it took to complete a full scan (tps and channels). it even scanned satmex 6 in under 3minutes and its a fairly weak (this north) and pretty full satellite. it is a very accurate and thorough scanner.

the lowest sr i found was 1445 on amc 8 @ 3747v. i found a few tps with sr's in the range of 1600. the highest sr s2 signal i logged was 4120 on galaxy 12 @ 31248 (i think i may have scanned some over 32k but it was 4 in the morning). i also did notice a s2 16apsk signal on an anik bird i believe. it locked but didnt scan. im assuming its due to the fact that my 10 footer is pretty out of tune. well thats the good points. haha.

the bad.... i could hardly keep the dvbsoftware running. i figure the pcie2006 i have will only ever be a slave tuner, so i configured it as follows. first i ditched the tp data file. its in some silly .dat format and not easily editable with a short glance and notepad. there is also little to no way to edit sat info using the dvbworld software. once a sat name is assigned a degree there is no way it can be changed that i could find. there is also not a way to delete a whole sat. on a related topic and only slightly annoying is the fact that the sat locations are in 360 - X format. i find that although someone thinks it may be proper it is slower for me to find sats. it would be nice to see simple north / south and east / west check boxes for usals allowing north american degrees work(ive already built my sat list haha). anyways i blindscan created all sats i worked with and the scans were awesome. for some reason the software is very unstable when trying to tune and render a channel. if i was to try and tune a channel immediatly after a scan the software would lock then crash. upon restarting the software the last sats scanned before exiting the program were all lost. this called for scanning and then restarting to save the scans frequently. reminds me of my sat list issues with my azbox. haha. after i completing a large enuff set of scans i proceded to try and watch some tv. i could only seem to render about 30 percent of the channels i knew were there. the other 70 percent seemed to cause one of 2 different crashes. it did not seem to depend on codecs. i decided to try and view a few of the problem channels in mytheatre and they seemed to render fine. as a comparison... the pcie2006 zapped channels at a very slow rate compared to the prof tuners i have. on average channel zaps took about 3 seconds and most resulted in the software crashing.

so i guess to sum it up...

pros
the tuners scan fast and thorough and find low and high sr signals.

cons
scan results saved in a wackt .dat file. tp.ini files would be alot more useful.
software lacks a few needed config options. most notably the sat delete / edit functions.
video rendering was very unstable on my machine. im going to test a new install of windows on another machine to try and duplicate the behaviour.

all in all a very nice addition to my collection of gear. once i figured out the quirks i scanned alot of birds in a short amount of time. was i smiling. haha. keep in mind this is only my own findings.

crackt out,.

be sure it is indeed the 2104D version cause you don't wanna get screwed like I was (check page 4 of this thread for details)

Hey I got dicked exactly the same way here...what did you do about it? I clearly ordered the D version and was shipped the one you have :(

Hey I got dicked exactly the same way here...what did you do about it? I clearly ordered the D version and was shipped the one you have :(

to be honest I haven't done anything and don't plan to. I live in Mexico and I know it will be a nightmare to send the one I currently have back to them and expect a replacement, not to mention the shipping costs from here to there and the customs issue, plus it's been over 3 months since I got it and I don't even know if they would replace it having taken that long to notice this was not the blind scan model. Also the wait time would mean I would not be able to watch any HD feeds during the whole ordeal, which means 2 or 3 weeks in the middle of the MLB season, no siree bob.

I am mad don't get me wrong and will probably never buy again from that vendor because we got screwed but considering that I really do not scan that much it's not THAT big of a loss. However you being in the States is a different story, you should ask for a replacement and should expect that to be sent to you in 2 or 3 days max

Ok well I contacted Sadoun telling him I won't pay for return shipping or restocking fee since it's their mistake...we'll see what happens :)

How much did you pay for your unit? I paid $139.00 for mine, and I'm expecting it anyday now. It is no.5 on this page.

Sad to say, I got the wrong one too! I will be getting intouch with them tomorrow.:eek::(:mad:

Attachments

• 0602102115.jpg
    0602102115.jpg
    65 KB · Views: 182
  • 0602102112.jpg
    0602102112.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 176
  • 0602102111.jpg
    0602102111.jpg
    87.2 KB · Views: 176
I have to call tomorrow during business hours...tried to call at like 8pm and someone picked up (think it was Sadoun, if that's him in the youtube video) that told me to call back from 9-6pm

I dunno what to say this isn't cool at all how we all got hosed

You guys are scaring me. I have one enroute. It had better be a D model which my order form clearly shows. They messed up my last order.

Ok cool I called up they're sending me the right one too...with a return label. No timeframe given though, hope it's the right one this time!

I received the PCIE20006 version of this card and have had very limited success getting it to work. The first thing is that the drivers are not signed, so if you are using Windows 7 64 bit you have to work around that. After getting past that I have the software installed and running the driver is loaded and I have the LNB set for 10750. I can get a TP to lock and scan its channels if I manually ad the TP select it and then scan TP. I can not get Blind Scan to work. When I have selected Blind Scan it seems to start but the progress bar never changes, the TP data never changes and it always displays scanning 10750. It will display it has found x number of TP's etc, but it just keeps running. If I stop it I only have one tp 10750 with SR of 0. Anyone have a clue? I'm running Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit. The app barely uses any ram / processor time so I doubt it is related to the rest of my hardware. Maybe the install loaded the wrong driver? I am using the latest software / driver from the dvbworld site.

Last edited:
Can you check the driver date in the device manager?
The date should be 4/23/2010 or close to that.
The date was 04/XX/2010. I can't remember the XX part but will verify later.
thanks

do you have the molex power connector plugged in ?

crackt out,.

No, I do not. I wondered about that but there was nothing referencing it in the manual. Can it not draw the needed power from the PCIE bus?

I also wondered about the interface card on the top of the card. Any clue what that is for?

I verified that the driver is version 2.0.0.1 with a date of 04/23/2010. The device shows up as PCIE 2006 DVB-S Box.

I will dig around and look for a molex connector for the power supply. Thanks for your help.

No, I do not. I wondered about that but there was nothing referencing it in the manual. Can it not draw the needed power from the PCIE bus?

I also wondered about the interface card on the top of the card. Any clue what that is for?

I verified that the driver is version 2.0.0.1 with a date of 04/23/2010. The device shows up as PCIE 2006 DVB-S Box.

I will dig around and look for a molex connector for the power supply. Thanks for your help.

without the molex connected the lnb is not powered. plug it in and you will be fixed up.

crackt out,.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)