DVD Burner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jaded13

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Sep 2, 2004
I have a Hughes dvr 40 tivo /it says that I can only copy to VHS
First I don't know if this is true as there are usb ports on the back 2nd if i can burn DVDs is there a specific model or brand i need to shop for to do this
any feed back helpful/ price range is important as i don't want to sink a bundle into this

The USB ports are turned off and will be until Directv decides to release software version 4.0 like the stand alone Tivos have.

If you get a ReplayTV you can send your shows (via network) and burn them to a $75 DVD-R9 in your PC such as the Optorite DD1205.

Another option is to use one of the different stand-alone DVD recorders that are on the market. My hughes box is connected to a Gateway (same as the lite-on) DVD recorder. Granted the pic. qual suffers a little because of the dig to analog to dig conversions, but it beats the hell out of VHS.

I have a standalone Tivo (SD) and a Panasonic DVD recorder. I connected the Tivo to the recorder and can burn any show I Tivo. You can burn by setting record on the recorder and play on Tivo, or setting record on the recorder and press save to VHS on Tivo. The only difference in the two is that by pressing save to VHS it counts down before starting the recording.

I too have a standalone Panasonic DVD burner (DMR-E80H) and it works very well with my DirecTivo. This one has a hard drive so I can copy to its HD and do some basic edits (i.e. remove commercials) and then burn to a DVD.

FYI: Tivo now has a Tivo/DVD burner combo unit, but it does not have a DirecTV satellite receiver in it: http://www.tivo.com/2.1.2.asp

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)