Recording PPV DVD

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Timeclock

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Pub Member / Supporter
Aug 24, 2010
tenn
I can't DUB a PPV movie now. Has Directv done anything to prevent this? All others (HBO, Starz, Broadcast) are OK.

hdcp is enabled on most stations
you sill have to use component cables iirc

I do not have HDTV just SD equipment. I record a PPV movie on my DVR, then burn it to my DVD and up to this point everything plays OK. I put the DVD into my computer
and using the DVD shrink/ImgBurn combo ( which has worked in the past) I get this " Data error (cyclic redundancy check) " error. I tried another computer and got the same
message. This has happened on the last two movies (Batman vs Superman and angry Birds) Are these movies coming down in HD aka BLUERAY ? Do I need a BR burner?
All other transmission records/DUB just fine.

how are you connecting the dvr to the burner?
are you viewing from the burner or the dvr?

Step 1. record PPV movie on DVR
Step 2. Burn DVR movie to House DVD burner. ( this DVD movie plays OK)
Step 3. Remove DVD movie from house DVD burner and place it in Computer DVD burner (movie will still play OK) If I try to make a copy in my computer - I get the error message.
I have had no issues until lately.

Sounds like he's doing everything the same way he's previously done it, so maybe it's something in the software in the dataset ream that's changed.

There are no cables - these units are not connected together. The problem is with burning a dvd in the computer.

Sorry JIMBO I posted to quick. I thick I can find where the problem is -- I am buying an old movie that I recorded before if it copies problem
is in data stream, if not, it is in the computer.

That wasn't the issue. Something changed with my DVD coping ability and I wanted to know what had changed. Turns out it is in the computer. May be in the copy software or a bug.
I have a work around so I am still investigating.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)