DVI Conflict Error After Software Update 7.26

kevcar0603 said:
I had the same exact problem only it did not result from a software update. Mine was working fine for about a week when it started. Voom sent another receiver only to have the same problem. Finally I was messing around with it and got it to work by pulling out the cable in the Voom box and kind of gently set it inside. A little wiggling and it worked. The box reset itself doing this but the picture is fine. The cable is barely in there. Hope this helps because it drove me nuts.

Are you talking about the DVI cable seating in the VOOM box or in the tv?

c22822 said:
I have a JVC D-ILA HD-52Z575 which will not interface via the DVI port on the receiver to the HDMI of the TV. JVC told me that it was a Motorola software issue.

No--I just have the one brought by the original installer (it was with an intitial VOOM box that was nonfunctional and had to be replaced before the install could be finished). I can call VOOM CSR back and ask them to make sure the service tech coming Wednesday (coming to do OTA upgrade) has a spare DVI cable--just to see if that will do the trick.

But what could happen to a cable in 10 days? It has to be software-related--or the firmware in the VOOM box? Somewhere in the thread somebody said something about a new receiver in March that would solve this problem--I hope they expedite these to Sony owners asap.

bookwalk, just saw your additional info here after posting to your problem on another thread. Are you saying you just got the 7.37 update after 10 daus? Hard to believe your STB didn't get updated in the first 24 hours assuming it wasn't preinstalled in your STB.

Still enjoying HDTV under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

After 2 months, I decided to start looking to correct my DVI conflict problem, (couples earlier post in this thread). TV is a Sony
50w655 Had an adapter from the TV into the DVI cable out of the box. Purchased a Monster Cable DVI/HDMI (Gold contancts, Gas filled, Curb Finders, and leather seats) $119.00 took care of the artifacts that the compnent cables were creating. So far so good.
No Conflict. Will keep u posted.

SeattleVoomer1 said:
bookwalk, just saw your additional info here after posting to your problem on another thread. Are you saying you just got the 7.37 update after 10 daus? Hard to believe your STB didn't get updated in the first 24 hours assuming it wasn't preinstalled in your STB.

Still enjoying HDTV under mostly clear Seattle skies, Gill

No, the VOOM box came WITH the 7.37 update already--I didn't have to do any upgrade. VOOM started an automatic upgrade going as soon as I turned on the STB yesterday--but it didn't change the software version from what I can see in System Settings--still reads 7.37. So, I don't know what kind of softwared upgrade it was.

fine_tuned said:
i am also having a DVI problem I have a sammy hlp-6163w that i got a little over two months ago. components work fine. my DVI problem is that every couple of minutes the screen will blank out for a second or two. it does it every two minutes or so and is unusable! i've had voom send me a different DVI cable - different STB - change resolutions - update software, etc. I went to best buy and "borrowed" a phillips HD OTA and DVD combo with DVI outputs. It works just fine on my sammy. any suggestions 'cause i'm really frustrated right now?

I Finally have this resolved!!! The Sammy repairman came out twice and replaced the DVI digital board – to no avail. I have a second Voom STB (which is newer than my first one) that I swapped out when this problem happened thinking it was an STB issue – but had the same blinking problem on that one. Well, just for giggles I swapped it out again (after 2 months and Voom had software upgrades done to it) – wouldn’t you know it that it works fine now. The only conclusion I can think of that it’s a very peculiar compatibility problem with the older STB and the Sammy. Maybe those digital boards on the Sammy were bad – maybe they weren’t.

FYI: VOOM and Moto engineers are aware of this DVI compatibility issue with certain TV sets and are working on a solution. Your feedback in this thread is very helpful!

Once a fix is ready, a beta version might be pushed to some volunteers. Stay tuned...

Ilya--great to hear this! I will do anything to help with this--I can be a BETA--I am pretty computer/electronics/HD savvy and I have the following:

Sony 42W655 42" LCD Rear Projection--manufactured Jan 2005,
DVI Cable out of VOOM via Adapter into HDMI Sony input.
VOOM Software HAL 7.37

I was hoping there would be either a firmware or software fix and would be glad to try it!

Interesting that I posted on this months ago, and nobody said too much. I guess my issue is pre-7.26.

Sharp 45GX6u

Anyway, I sometimes can get DVI working by power cycling in different orders and plugging the DVI cable in and out. Others have my TV and do not have problems.

TYORK said:
Have you got a different DVI cable i had to go out and relplace on the other day on the same kind of tv and it is working fine have not heard back from the customer we have had a few bad dvi cables here and there.

Have you heard anything further from this customer?

Just out of curiosity, how many of you having DVI problems also have component cables connected as well? I have a Sony KDF-50WE655, have both DVI-HDMI and component, and have never seen this error. I used the VOOM supplied component cables for a couple weeks until my DVI-HDMI cable arrived. Although I typically use DVI, I had no reason to disconnect the component cables.

riffjim4069 said:
Just out of curiosity, how many of you having DVI problems also have component cables connected as well? I have a Sony KDF-50WE655, have both DVI-HDMI and component, and have never seen this error. I used the VOOM supplied component cables for a couple weeks until my DVI-HDMI cable arrived. Although I typically use DVI, I had no reason to disconnect the component cables.

What kind of DVI-HDMI cable are you using--or are you using a DVI cable + HDMI adapter? I do have the component installed also.

I may just get the DVI-HDMI cable rather than the DVI cable/HDMI adapter set up I have now. But I have seen others who tried that and it did not work. I am told it is a software/firmware problem and VOOM engineers working on it.

How old is your 50WE655?

bookwalk said:
What kind of DVI-HDMI cable are you using--or are you using a DVI cable + HDMI adapter? I do have the component installed also.

I may just get the DVI-HDMI cable rather than the DVI cable/HDMI adapter set up I have now. But I have seen others who tried that and it did not work. I am told it is a software/firmware problem and VOOM engineers working on it.

How old is your 50WE655?
$10 DVI-HDMI cable purchased at monoprice.com Click Here I purchased my set in October.

I initally used the supplied DVI cable with adapter, had the DVI conflict problem, bought the monster cable HDMI/DVI, no more problem. What is the purpose of using both DVI and component? Is there an advantage?

I have an Akai 55 inch rear projection HDTV. The only problem I have had, the Voom receiver was locking up. It turned out to be the Radio Shack transponder that would send signals from the other room. Turned it off, and no problems.

roland

B.Greenway said:
What kind of set is it? My DVI works fine. Sometimes its nothing more than in which order the box or display is turned on first.

I have seen this mentioned before and have tried this--which seems just the opposite of some posts--I turn the VOOM box on first, THEN the tv and sometimes I am able to get a DVI video output. I have tried this twice with success.

But am wondering, would it also matter in which order I turn the components OFF????

bookwalk said:
I have seen this mentioned before and have tried this--which seems just the opposite of some posts--I turn the VOOM box on first, THEN the tv and sometimes I am able to get a DVI video output. I have tried this twice with success.

But am wondering, would it also matter in which order I turn the components OFF????

I was having the same problem with the confict errors after i switched from component to DVI monster cables. Thanks to this forum my problem is fixed so far. I rebooted my dish then turned everything on opposite i used to, TV first then the satellite. I have a question though please. Does it matter to leave my component cables still hooked up even though iam using the DVI mode??? Just in case the DVI acts up again i would still have component i could switch to, but i was wondering if this will affect the picture any. Thanks guys, what would i do without you. :love :bow :heart

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts