DVI dual link or single link, one more time

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

prince123

Original poster
Mar 29, 2004
OK I know this has been discussed before but I can't seem to find a solid answer in past posts. Voom set me up with a single link DVI-D cable (when looking at the end of the DVI cable the middle group of pins are missing). Should it have been a dual link? I wonder if that would help me run my Voom box in native mode better (my SD channels look off center in native mode I'm forced to run in 1080i) I can't find a consensus on what resolution single link supports and what dual link supports. just curious what type of DVI cable you guys are using, dual or single. I know it has to be DVI-D and not DVI-I.

Thanks in advance
prince

And I always thought that dual link simply meant that the cable supported both digital and analog. I guess I was wrong. Perhaps you should ask Voom technical support for what they recommend. My guess is that the STB uses the single link connectors only.

You can use single or dual link. It does not matter as long as the spec for the cable indicates it can carry the band width you require for your display and the length run you need.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)