DVI (HDCP) problems on sharp LC-45

jeremys

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
May 29, 2004
I've posted on avsforums and the few that have my LCD and VOOM, do not have any problems with DVI.

I don't know whether the issue is the TV (it IS HDCP compliant on DVI) or the STB.

Anyways, the picture will not show up, or go out. I can connect on component and see two different error msgs. One says something like "check the DVI connection, device not responding to DHCP requests"

I can do funky stuff like UNPLUG my TV and insert the DVI slow or fast, and the picture will come up. But, it will disappear in a few hrs or when I change inputs.

Any ideas?

thanks,
Jeremy

Try a different DVI cable - see if that makes a difference.
Also, for some TV sets it is important in which order your turn TV and STB on and off. You can experiment with that. The DVI handshake is somewhat tricky.

I've tried combinations of turning on and off. I can get it to work, but it doesn't last long.

Do you have just one STB? It would be good to try another box.
And make sure to try a different DVI cable.

only one box...

Man, I can't wait for the DVR to come out. Do they let people put subscriptions on hold?

If your TV set is not compatible with the STB, there is a chance you would have the same problem with the DVR, so you need to solve the problem in any case.

It's one of the following four:

1. Bad DVI cable (or bad connector)
2. Bad STB
3. Bad TV set, or
4. Some incompatibility between the STB and the TV set.

Just eliminate one factor after another, starting with the cable (see if you can borrow another DVI cable somewhere). If cable replacement doesn't help, request a replacement STB from VOOM...

Good luck!

others on avsforum use my TV and voom fine.. so 1, 2, or 3.

1 is easy to check. the others are tough due to possible finger pointing back and forth :)

Why? In the past, VOOM would issue the STB replacement as a first troubleshooting step for almost any problem... ;)
I think 3 will be the toughest one!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)