dvi input, but no hdmi input (1 Viewer)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godzooky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 14, 2004
sorry for the newbie question. my tv (sony wega) has dvi and component inputs, but no hdmi input. can i still get directv hd?

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I am using an HDMI/DVI adapter and Monster Cable audio on my living room setup.It has worked very good so far for me.

mcbeevee

SatelliteGuys Pro
Dec 28, 2004
Unless you are using the TV speakers, HDMI does not give you anything more than DVI. I'm using HDMI - DVI cables that I found online for around $25 each. :)

Last edited:

godzooky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Apr 14, 2004
thanks for the replies. do you guys recommend using hdmi - dvi converter instead of component?

wyatt9696

SatelliteGuys Family
Jan 25, 2006
godzooky said:
thanks for the replies. do you guys recommend using hdmi - dvi converter instead of component?

i do. i have both set up, and there is a noticible difference. i recommend going with a hdmi/dvi converter, or a hdmi/dvi cable. good luck.

steve615

SatelliteGuys Pro
Jan 6, 2006
TN
I haven't used component cables with my setup,just the adapter.Considering the audio and video I am receiving,I am staying with the adapter.

sprog68

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Supporting Founder
Aug 5, 2004
Las Vegas
I bought the HD Tivo unit last month from D*. It came supplied with a HDMI to DVI cable. Not sure if the new D* branded ones will though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users who are viewing this thread

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Latest posts