dvi input, but no hdmi input

Status
Please reply by conversation.

godzooky

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Apr 14, 2004
sorry for the newbie question. my tv (sony wega) has dvi and component inputs, but no hdmi input. can i still get directv hd?

I am using an HDMI/DVI adapter and Monster Cable audio on my living room setup.It has worked very good so far for me.

Unless you are using the TV speakers, HDMI does not give you anything more than DVI. I'm using HDMI - DVI cables that I found online for around $25 each. :)

Last edited:
thanks for the replies. do you guys recommend using hdmi - dvi converter instead of component?

godzooky said:
thanks for the replies. do you guys recommend using hdmi - dvi converter instead of component?

i do. i have both set up, and there is a noticible difference. i recommend going with a hdmi/dvi converter, or a hdmi/dvi cable. good luck.

I haven't used component cables with my setup,just the adapter.Considering the audio and video I am receiving,I am staying with the adapter.

I bought the HD Tivo unit last month from D*. It came supplied with a HDMI to DVI cable. Not sure if the new D* branded ones will though.

Status
Please reply by conversation.