Dvr-522 ?

Jeff lost in cable

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 15, 2005
Anyone knows if the OTA connection will display in digital Video TV1 and TV2 ?
I have look through the booklet and can't find the answer.

Thanks,
Jeff

i'm not exactly sure what you are asking... but if you are asking if the antenna input will feed through both the tv1 and tv2 sides, the answer is no. The antenna only feeds through on the tv1 side

It was really two questions sorry.

Our local tv stations are broadcasting in Digital

If I had a UHF/VHF Antenna will ota antenna connection on the 522 allow me to get locals in digital ?

I know I could connect the Antenna to the TV but it would be easier to use the 522 remote to control the locals.

Why no OTA on TV-2 because of the tuner?

Jared is right. The 522 has no OTA tuner of any sort! No NTSC, nor ATSC tuners, exist inside that box. It's dual tuners are for DVB-S, only. The only thing you can do with digital OTA signals (sometimes called DVB-T) is to feed them through to a TV with ATSC tuner. You cannot record them at all, so of course you cannot play them back using the DVR feature of your 522.

yeah, its just a pass-through port for tv1... turn the receiver off, the antenna passes through to the tv. No OTA tuners built in to the 522. Sorry

New plan

Thanks for the help....

I really like the 522 had it for 3-4 years great box no problems. They own it but if it dies I need to pay for a new one. Still can't figure that one out.

Now I have one more draw back. I have an out door CCTV camera which has a modulator for channel 75 on my main TV and the also shows up via coax to my TV2 TVs.

I will buy a new box has to be a dual with DVR, HDTV, hope I can record my OTA locals and maybe my CCTV?
Which box would you guys recommend? Also where to buy other than Dish?
Thanks
Jeff

Thanks for the help....

I really like the 522 had it for 3-4 years great box no problems. They own it but if it dies I need to pay for a new one. Still can't figure that one out.

Now I have one more draw back. I have an out door CCTV camera which has a modulator for channel 75 on my main TV and the also shows up via coax to my TV2 TVs.

I will buy a new box has to be a dual with DVR, HDTV, hope I can record my OTA locals and maybe my CCTV?
Which box would you guys recommend? Also where to buy other than Dish?
Thanks
Jeff

The 622 and 722 will record the digital off-air signals and they will show up in the guide. No passthrough to TV 2 though so you need a splitter for that. Your CCTV won't be picked up by the new HD-DVRs either as its an analog output. Feed it direct to your TV set.

No OTA for TV2 as it can be accomplished with a simple splitter outside the box for the occasional customer that needs this feature. Building it into the box with so few users who would actually need that feature just doesn't make economic sense. It's that way with the HD-DVRs also because TV2 is only analog out and wouldn't benefit from getting digital OTA until 2009 when analog OTA ends but DISH has a box they'll sell you to help with that.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)