DVR 722 Reauthorization?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

Mikeymax

Well-Known SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Mar 6, 2008
Hello, Can anyone explain what it means to "Reauthorize" a DVR 722's "HOME KEY"??? It's been suggessted I must do this in order to restore recognition between this 722 and new EHD that was already previously formatted to this same DVR 722 just several weeks ago...MANY THANKS!

Mikeymax said:
Hello, Can anyone explain what it means to "Reauthorize" a DVR 722's "HOME KEY"??? It's been suggessted I must do this in order to restore recognition between this 722 and new EHD that was already previously formatted to this same DVR 722 just several weeks ago...MANY THANKS!

Who said you need to "reauthorize" the receiver?? More info is needed.

Sent from my iPhone using SatelliteGuys

Sounds like he is talking about a "re-hit". It simply is a code that tells the receiver to recognize and work with the EHD. Sometimes, it gets lost.

Sounds like he is talking about a "re-hit". It simply is a code that tells the receiver to recognize and work with the EHD. Sometimes, it gets lost.
Ah ha, So a "re-hit" eh? Maybe we are getting somewhere? Ths must surely be what Matt meant when he said in an earlier reply post that he could reauthorize our 722's "Home Key"? So a "re-hit" may re-enter a code that would then tell the 722 to recogize the EHD like it did before? Sounds like logical solution but we are fairly tech ignorant so we will assume our 722 has lost it's Home Key memory and just needs a "re-hit" code? Hmm, How do we go about getting this "re-hit" code as Matt hasn't replied to our PM yet...THAKNS! Mike & Tina

A "hit" is an authorization signal that tells your receiver what programming it receives, what account it is on, and zip code among other things. The home key is what tells the receiver what account it is on, and what EHD's can/have been used with the receiver. I did respond to your PM, and have already sent the hit for you.

Bummed!

Yes Matt we have now received your PM and we Thank You for you're response, time and help! ...I guess this DVR 722 has now received all the Reauthorization , Home Key "Hits" Dish Techs can send it so shortly we will be reformating this new Hard Drive and saying goodbye to 5 years and over 500GB of precious DVR recordings...Wifey is now totally upset and discussted and says why did she even buy an external hard drive in the first place if they're are going to be even more problems than she had with Replacing Defective DVR's due to failed Hard Drives??? Again, Thanks for answering our PM...Regards!...Mike & Tina

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)