DVR Connection of second tuner

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BgFred2003

Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I have a triple LNB antenna feeding four rcvrs (3 hughes, 1 RCA DVR40). All work fine. The problem is how to connect the second tuner on my RCA DVR. As I understand it, the three LNBs feed a built in multiswitch which feeds four RG6 outputs. These four outputs feed my four rcvrs which are in separate rooms. I tried splitting the RG6 feeding our bedroom with the DVR with a satellite splitter ($11.40 at Radio Shack for reference). I worked my way through the on screen setup, got "ok" on both line 1 and line 2 satellite inputs, and once even got through the "acquiring data" step. When I tried to watch a different show than the one I was recording, I got a "lost line 2 input" or something like that. I ultimately redid the setup with one cable input. Reading the forums, it appears that you can't use a splitter. How do I connect the second tuner on my DVR and keep the other three rcvrs functional? I think the antenna has a 3 in 4 out multiswitch. Any help would be appreciated.

DVR Connection of 2nd Tuner

You are going to have to purchase a multi-switch that will give you at least 5 distinct feeds if you want to take advantage of the two tuner feature of the Tivo (1 for each of the 3 Hughes receivers and 2 for the Tivo). Using a splitter for one of the satellite feeds will not work on the Tivo. These multi-switches are available from any good satellite dealer. I would recommend Expert Satellite or Value Electronics. Both are very helpful and knowledgeable. :)

BgFred2003 said:
I have a triple LNB antenna feeding four rcvrs (3 hughes, 1 RCA DVR40). All work fine. The problem is how to connect the second tuner on my RCA DVR. As I understand it, the three LNBs feed a built in multiswitch which feeds four RG6 outputs. These four outputs feed my four rcvrs which are in separate rooms. I tried splitting the RG6 feeding our bedroom with the DVR with a satellite splitter ($11.40 at Radio Shack for reference). I worked my way through the on screen setup, got "ok" on both line 1 and line 2 satellite inputs, and once even got through the "acquiring data" step. When I tried to watch a different show than the one I was recording, I got a "lost line 2 input" or something like that. I ultimately redid the setup with one cable input. Reading the forums, it appears that you can't use a splitter. How do I connect the second tuner on my DVR and keep the other three rcvrs functional? I think the antenna has a 3 in 4 out multiswitch. Any help would be appreciated.

I have two DirecTv receivers and one TiVo DirecTv DVR. I have a Dual LNB dish with a mutliswitch.

I get a searching for signal message on one of the three units. If I change the channel on one of the other two, the message will go away, but will appear on another unit.

I noticed this problem recently as I had some visitors staying with me. I may have been having this problem for quite sometime (since I got the TiVo-DVR last July).

I am reading in these forums about a "Tri-LNB". Is the fact that I don't have a Tri-LNB the source of my problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts