DVR Connection of second tuner

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

BgFred2003

Original poster
Apr 21, 2004
I have a triple LNB antenna feeding four rcvrs (3 hughes, 1 RCA DVR40). All work fine. The problem is how to connect the second tuner on my RCA DVR. As I understand it, the three LNBs feed a built in multiswitch which feeds four RG6 outputs. These four outputs feed my four rcvrs which are in separate rooms. I tried splitting the RG6 feeding our bedroom with the DVR with a satellite splitter ($11.40 at Radio Shack for reference). I worked my way through the on screen setup, got "ok" on both line 1 and line 2 satellite inputs, and once even got through the "acquiring data" step. When I tried to watch a different show than the one I was recording, I got a "lost line 2 input" or something like that. I ultimately redid the setup with one cable input. Reading the forums, it appears that you can't use a splitter. How do I connect the second tuner on my DVR and keep the other three rcvrs functional? I think the antenna has a 3 in 4 out multiswitch. Any help would be appreciated.

DVR Connection of 2nd Tuner

You are going to have to purchase a multi-switch that will give you at least 5 distinct feeds if you want to take advantage of the two tuner feature of the Tivo (1 for each of the 3 Hughes receivers and 2 for the Tivo). Using a splitter for one of the satellite feeds will not work on the Tivo. These multi-switches are available from any good satellite dealer. I would recommend Expert Satellite or Value Electronics. Both are very helpful and knowledgeable. :)

BgFred2003 said:
I have a triple LNB antenna feeding four rcvrs (3 hughes, 1 RCA DVR40). All work fine. The problem is how to connect the second tuner on my RCA DVR. As I understand it, the three LNBs feed a built in multiswitch which feeds four RG6 outputs. These four outputs feed my four rcvrs which are in separate rooms. I tried splitting the RG6 feeding our bedroom with the DVR with a satellite splitter ($11.40 at Radio Shack for reference). I worked my way through the on screen setup, got "ok" on both line 1 and line 2 satellite inputs, and once even got through the "acquiring data" step. When I tried to watch a different show than the one I was recording, I got a "lost line 2 input" or something like that. I ultimately redid the setup with one cable input. Reading the forums, it appears that you can't use a splitter. How do I connect the second tuner on my DVR and keep the other three rcvrs functional? I think the antenna has a 3 in 4 out multiswitch. Any help would be appreciated.

I have two DirecTv receivers and one TiVo DirecTv DVR. I have a Dual LNB dish with a mutliswitch.

I get a searching for signal message on one of the three units. If I change the channel on one of the other two, the message will go away, but will appear on another unit.

I noticed this problem recently as I had some visitors staying with me. I may have been having this problem for quite sometime (since I got the TiVo-DVR last July).

I am reading in these forums about a "Tri-LNB". Is the fact that I don't have a Tri-LNB the source of my problem?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)