DVR Fees ? I don't get it. Answer please

The price of AEP with locals went down a bit, but with the new whole house DVR fee it cost more than before. It was the AEP users that had a bunch of duo boxes (like me) that saw the huge price increase since we were not paying the DVR fee per box. As mentioned above in the attachment non AEP subs saw $4.02 increase in a 622/722 and AEP subs saw a $10 increase per box.

well it does show irritation if not outrage on the part of subs both current and former.

A few more quarters of sub shrinkage will send E a message, unless D jacks up their fees too.

10 bucks a month DVR fee per account is likely the new price... after all its time to raise prices

I am not saying that it is not a valid concern. I am just saying that there are certain subjects we keep going over with the same result each time and this is one of them.

So all the bitching and moaning about fees was for $4 per duo receiver? What about the fact that they took off $10 for HD? Means even with 3 duo DVR's you're still paying only a whopping $4 more with HD...

612 went down in price so that's also an option...

Last edited:
I am not saying that it is not a valid concern. I am just saying that there are certain subjects we keep going over with the same result each time and this is one of them.

Now if I expected a different result from going over these subjects over and over, wouldn't that be the best definition of insanity?

When you own your receiver you do not need a package(or commitment).If you want locals only you pay a $6. dollar access fee plus the costs for your locals,same if you want HBO only.;)

actually locals only are now just 9.99 (no extra fee...its just built in to the price). If you want just something like HBO then yes there is the 6 or 7 buck fee (I forget if it went up)

It's amazing that they let us turn the 211's into DVr's with a onetime fee of $40, and no monthly fee's after that. I wonder how much longer they will allow that to happen?

I had the choice of either having two 211s or a single 722. I chose to have two 211s.

It gave me HDTV on both my TVs so this was the major selling point. I added EHD to both and now DVR functionality though I can't download PPV or program my DVR remotely without using my free standing SlingBox.

Given the a 211 can be purchased for $119 while a 722 costs $319 and in addition with the 722 you have to pay a monthly DVR fee I can't figure what the fascination is with 722s.

Jim

The 211 in the DVR mode is missing a bunch of features that you get with the real DVRs.....

What features are missing?

Whatever they are, I don't miss 'em. My 211k w/EHD does everything I could ever want it to do. Hey, if it'll record Gunsmoke at 11:00am... that's good enough for me, lol. BTW, once I activated the EHD, my guide went from 2 days to 8 (or 9). With the ATSC tuner activated, I can record an OTA local & from sat at the same time... and even watch an existing recording while doing it. Not bad for a single tuner "non-DVR".

It doesn't feel like it's missing any features.

I own my equipment. My Dish Net bill is so simple. I like simple.

Cheers

I think it's hilarious that someone with the nick "bigbuckchuck", who pays annually, is complaining about the DVR fee.

PAY THE FRICKIN' $7 "BIGBUCK"!

I think it's hilarious that someone with the nick "bigbuckchuck", who pays annually, is complaining about the DVR fee.

PAY THE FRICKIN' $7 "BIGBUCK"!
Your right it is pretty funny...BUT ..I have two DVR's so that is $16/month and $192 a year. It just p's me off when they make up these fairy tale charges.

Your right it is pretty funny...BUT ..I have two DVR's so that is $16/month and $192 a year. It just p's me off when they make up these fairy tale charges.

You are correct, they are fairy tale charges made up this year.

The people that got hurt are those in a 2 year contract that was in effect before the price hike. I would be pretty upset if it happened just after I signed up.

If you are signing up now you have to look at the total cost. Cable companies tend to charge $15-$20/month for their DVR boxes, and now Dish is right up there with them.

You have to figure out a multi year cost, but you can never tell when any provider will raise prices or fees.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)