DVR & Phone Line Connection

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Laredo46

Original poster
Nov 4, 2006
Hi,

I'm looking to use a TIVO /DVR receiver in my RV. DirecTv advises that I need a phone line connected to use the current DVR (non-HD) unit. I'm not looking to use it for PPV. Will the HR-10, or HR-15-300, 500 or 100 work without a phone line connected ? :rolleyes:

Hi,

I'm looking to use a TIVO /DVR receiver in my RV. DirecTv advises that I need a phone line connected to use the current DVR (non-HD) unit. I'm not looking to use it for PPV. Will the HR-10, or HR-15-300, 500 or 100 work without a phone line connected ? :rolleyes:

After the initial install, YES

R15 doesn't need a phone line at anytime only the DTIVO's need them for the initial installation and upgrades to 6.2.

but you'll have to order ppv with your computer or a phone call won't work with your remote.

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, after my initial setup I won't need a telephone connection, but when I need to re-aim the satellite when i move the RV, I still should be okay without a phone line.

Your help is appreciated

Thanks for the info. Just to clarify, after my initial setup I won't need a telephone connection, but when I need to re-aim the satellite when i move the RV, I still should be okay without a phone line.

Your help is appreciated

Yes
I forgot they R-15 was the start of the units not needing thephone line.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts