DVR Problem - Gray Screen

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

smb

Original poster
Sep 23, 2008
Hello. I've been lurking for a month or so but just registered to share a problem I've been having.

Just got Direct TV at the beginning of August and have loved it so far. This weekend I went on vacation and before leaving set Entourage to record Sunday night. Later in the night I also had the Patriots NFL ShortCut set to record. I got home yesterday and went to watch both of these and when I clicked play it went to a gray screen and asked me if I wanted to delete or not. This was the case for both of these. I figured I lost signal Sunday night, I'll set Entourage to record next time, and I really don't need to re-watch that Pats game (I was there), no big deal right?

I was going to be at work during the Heros Premiere so I set that to record. Just sat down to watch it and I have the same problem.

All of these shows were in HD. I have the HD-DVR (HR-20). I just tried to record two minutes of a non-HD channel (PBS) and the same thing happened.

I saw a thread about this on Direct TV's main site but couldn't find much more than that. I looked around on here and didn't see anything.

Any suggestions and/or solutions?

smb,
I had a similar situation last week. I checked my sat signal strength and discovered the tuner 1 wasn't receiving a signal, but tuner 2 was fine. I did reset of the receiver from the menu and everything was fine: both tuners receiving signals with the DVR working properly since the reset. Maybe you have the same issue and the reset will fix things.
Good luck.

It is a problem that many people have experienced. I have had 4 recordings like that in the past week on one of my HR22's. The other HR22 has never had the issue. I noticed a similar situation to diggerTV, one tuner was fine, but the second one gave me a 771 error. After a reset, everything is fine for now.

Actually, this issue is something I read about last December and actually cancelled my D* install. After reading about this issue for 9 months, I finally signed up again in September. Many people had no issues and the ones that did found that most of the time it was a bad cable, connector, lnb, switch, bbc or somtimes the actual DVR. I have tried several of the suggestions and hope it doesn't do it again. Despite this problem, with NHL CI HD coming up, I'm still glad I signed up.

Here is another thread about the same thing:
http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-technical-discussions/148688-recording-problem.html

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)