Status
Please reply by conversation.

fayrich

Old Fart
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Mar 26, 2004
CLEVELAND, OHIO AREA
Here's a good one guys. My DVR is a HR24-500. We record a show automatically every weekday. One day last week, went to watch it after supper. Wasn't there. First time that ever happened. Waited a few days for it to show up on "on demand". Found the missing episode there, but strangely it was already recorded. Was able to watch it and delete it afterwards as normal. Usually when you select an on demand show, you have to record it. But this show was already recorded and in the wrong place. Is my DVR failing?

Possibly, but I doubt it. For whatever reason it didn't record the first time. I wonder if the dvr is intuitive enough to realize that and grab it from on demand.

But it did record. Don't know where it went, but it wasn't in "my playlist" as usual. And when I went to that episode in "on demand" it was already there recorded. I did not hit the record option that is always there, because it wasn't there. It presented me with the "play" and all the other usual options that are there when you access a recording from "my playlist".

But it did record. Don't know where it went, but it wasn't in "my playlist" as usual. And when I went to that episode in "on demand" it was already there recorded. I did not hit the record option that is always there, because it wasn't there. It presented me with the "play" and all the other usual options that are there when you access a recording from "my playlist".
Curious, were you able to Fast Forward ?
Most of the On Demand stuff you cannot FF.

Curious, were you able to Fast Forward ?
Most of the On Demand stuff you cannot FF.
Yes, was able to FF as usual with recorded shows. And also Jimbo, did a TNT Major Crimes show on demand that I had missed the part 2 episode, and I was able to FF thru it. And I agree, you usually are not able to.????? Strange happenings lately.

Have you tried rebooting the DVR when this happens?
I saw this myself first hand to a couple subs; when I had them reboot the DVR, the show DID then appear in the playlist - VERY weird indeed! :eek:

this has happened several times on my hr-24 it won't show up in the play list but if you go into history it will be there and yes you can fast forward and rewind
Thanks for clueing me in on this. I never paid any attention to the "history" option. Did so after seeing your post, and it was there. So if it ever happens again I will know what to do and not have to wait several days for it to show up on "on demand".

Have you tried rebooting the DVR when this happens?
I saw this myself first hand to a couple subs; when I had them reboot the DVR, the show DID then appear in the playlist - VERY weird indeed! :eek:
Did not try rebooting. But I think that I know what to do in the event that it ever happens again. Thanks.

I have been in the middle of a recording and it doesn't show in the history. Rebooting after the recording is done shows it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts