This is a mobile optimized page that loads fast, if you want to load the real page, click this text.

DVR Question

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Buzzdar

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 5, 2006
USA
Does directv offer a dual tuner DVR where i can watch one show on one tv and something else on another tv like the dish network 625 dvr?

Does directv offer a dual tuner DVR where i can watch one show on one tv and something else on another tv like the dish network 625 dvr?

Sure !

The HR20 !

It's HD as well ... and a topic of huge discussion right now.

It's being aggressively enhanced by DirecTV for the coming channel expansion and VOD.

Thanks for the fast replies. I dont have HD yet so that one wont do me any good. Guess that is a sticking point for me to stay with dish right now.

thanks for the fast replies.

Thanks for the fast replies. I dont have HD yet so that one wont do me any good. Guess that is a sticking point for me to stay with dish right now.

thanks for the fast replies.

You're welcome.

Perhaps I should qualify my statement by saying that I have no idea about the functionality of the DiSH Network 625 DVR.

I have an HR20-700 and could not be happier.

With the 625 dvr you can hook it up to two tv's and watch a program on each. 2 different programs. DUAL Tuner dvr.

With the 625 dvr you can hook it up to two tv's and watch a program on each. 2 different programs. DUAL Tuner dvr.

The R15 is a Dual Tuner DVR.What it is not is a Dual TV DVR.So as long as you keep your phone line connected.You can save a $5. Mirror Fee with the 625.But when you assess other DISH fees and charges like charging more for local channels,plus the problems that can happen with a RF remote.It pretty much breaks even because Directv charges only 1 DVR fee per household.So say if you needed 3 DVRs it would be cheaper with Directv.

Then there's the other factor.The fact that Directv carries alot of channels that DISH doesn't,plus they haven't lost any channels during"Contract Negotiations".
That was a personal peeve for me.That's why I now have Directv.

Sure !

The HR20 !

It's HD as well ... and a topic of huge discussion right now.

It's being aggressively enhanced by DirecTV for the coming channel expansion and VOD.
I believe the HR20 can only output one stream, although it can record two at a time.

I believe the HR20 can only output one stream, although it can record two at a time.

That's correct. It does however have all outputs live, so you can send the same signal to several televisions.

Status
Please reply by conversation.