DVR recording (again)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

DCLAX

Original poster
Apr 15, 2007
I figured a way to get the two inoput I need and have installed them. Do I need to reboot for the DVR to recognize there is now two inputs? Any hlep would be appreciate. I have been screwing with this for weeks and my wife would like it to work correctly if you get my drift.

DVRrecording again

Explain in detail how you, 'figured a way to get the two input', so we can make sure it is correct, and, which model DVR?

I have another jack that I plugged into and checked to see that it was sending a picture to the box. R15.

Assuming a proper second run has been made, I believe you can just do a red button reboot and rerun setup, and it will recognize it.

If the reboot doesn't work (like usual) you'll have to do a forced download to get it to recognize the second line.

Reset the receiver, then press 02468 as soon as you see the first welcome screen.

If the reboot doesn't work (like usual) you'll have to do a forced download to get it to recognize the second line.

Reset the receiver, then press 02468 as soon as you see the first welcome screen.

Not sure what a forced download would have to do with turning on the second tuner. All you need to do is run setup so the R15 can see the second input and turn on the second tuner. The new line you connected does come straight from the dish?

Not sure what a forced download would have to do with turning on the second tuner. All you need to do is run setup so the R15 can see the second input and turn on the second tuner. The new line you connected does come straight from the dish?

I've had some experiences on service calls where this was an issue, and the only way to correct the problem was a forced download. It has to do with the way the system sets up so that you don't always see the 771 SFSS error message for the second tuner.

r15's auto detect cable connections when first plugged into power. In order to change to two inputs, simply unplug the ird for about 10 sec. and plug it back in. as long as both lines have signal on them it will add the second tunner.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)