DVR Recording Deleted when Playback Stopped

Status
Please reply by conversation.

bbraune

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jun 23, 2007
Has anyone seen this before:

I have the DirecTV Genie DVR. I recorded the E3 coverage on Spike yesterday and started watching the recordings later that night. I recorded each individual block from 11am CDT that included the Xbox and EA press conferences as well as the pre and post coverage from Geoff Keighley and his gang.

The issue that am seeing is that whenever I stop the playback of any of those recordings, the recording is immediately deleted from my List, gone for good. This also happened to a friend of mine who also has a Genie and his E3 recordings on Spike also deleted when playback was stopped.

I am not sure if this is an issue with Spike and their E3 coverage, the Spike network in general, or an issue with the DirecTV Genie receiver itself. I have never seen this happen before on any of my previous DVR receivers from DirecTV.

I am hoping that the knowledgeable folks at Satelliteguys can shed some light on this.

This is a known issue, caused by a software glitch during the last update that brought us the buggy and guide-cluttering nonsense that is "start over" or whatever (The arrow in the guide.) Directv is aware of the issue and taking their VERY sweet time fixing it. It hasn't happened to me, but you'll see many other posts like this on here. Sorry that you're having the issues. You can try to RBR and all that, but that probably won't fix it.

There is a national software fix being rolled out as we speak. Some have already gotten it. It's supposed to get to everyone by the 13th.

Thanks for the quick response guys. I read through one of the other posts on this forum that explained this just after I made my post.

Let's hope this update gets rolled out soon and never happens again.

I am having an INTERMITTENT problem lately, when I am watching a recorded show from my list and I hit "exit" to go back to live t.v., the recorded show is deleted. It is just gone. It happened last night and I was so mad. Now, it does not happen all the time, I tested a few shows last night by playing them for a minute, then exiting to live t.v. and they were still there. Now I am scared to start to watch something if I don't know if I will have time to complete the whole recording!!!!

Read this thread!!!
It only happens on channels which have the "replay from start" function
It's a bug
There is a fix for the problem rolling out progressively to everyone. It started rollout a few days ago and will (apparently) be finished by the end of this weekend.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)