DVR recording duplicate shows

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

caseynd

Original poster
May 4, 2013
US
I know about the whole "it will record if the episode # or original air date are wrong or missing". These shows are showing correctly in the info page, but the DVR still thinks it needs to record them. It is happening on multiple shows now too, Pawn stars, Love it or List it, and House Hunters are the only shows its doing it to right now, and it just started this week (probably on Thursday was the first day we got the duplicate recording)

I was wondering if it was happening to anyone else? I chatted dish and they want to send a new receiver, but I have doubts on that diagnosis and wanted to get a few more opinions. I figured if it was the guide info's fault it would be happening to others as well. (tonight it thinks from 6:30PM CDT - 11:00PM CDT pawn stars is all new episodes)

Thanks for your time.

C

DO NOT swap receivers! :eek: This happens from time to time, I gather from others on SG that there is guide info that's not visible to you or me. It's that invisible info that our receivers are actually using. :(

My 612 is showing them all as skipped, not new. Three things to try. Sometimes as the time gets closer it fixes itself, so look now.
If not correct, do a hard reset, forcing a guide update. (Check switch does not always force a guide update)
If still not correct try deleting the timer, reset the receiver, then put the timer back in. (Just pick an old episode but pick all new episodes in the timer)

Ditto Tampa8. And it's always a good idea to list he model number of the receiver, and the satellites you receive- Western Arc or Eastern Arc.

You don't say which receiver you have. Forgot the exact way to do it on the old vip receivers. I think if you press the dvr button 2 times, you will get a list of programs to be recorded. If you see a duplicate, there is a sequence of pressing button on the right hand menu to get to a skip recording option.
If a Hopper. dvr x3, move to the recording u want to skip, press Select and then Skip Event. Not a cure to the real problem, but a way to avoid duplicate recording.

In this case it doesn't appear to be the usual wrong hidden guide info problem and he might be able to fix it. Also, it most likely will try to record it again if is in the schedule again later but it is a way to cut down on the unwanted recordings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)